IGNORED

Stramash Zone for VECTREX. Available Now.

Vectrexer

vector pilot, vector patrol, that's Kristof's bag.

I like Stramash. Lovely word. If you don't like my native tongue, haud yer wheesht. ;-)

I had no idea it was a Scottish phrase. Did I more or less pronounce it correctly then?

I had no idea it was a Scottish phrase. Did I more or less pronounce it correctly then?

Scottish and Irish Gaelic I think. I've heard some awful pronunciations from Americans so far. It's stra as in "strapping" plus "mash" with the emphasis on the second syllable. Last Youtube review I watched sounded more like "Strammish" with the person emphasising the first syllable.

The connotations to a Scotsman are not so much a pitched battle as a brawl - a fight in a Glasgow bar at night might be described as a stramash :-) If it was only a couple of guys rather than the whole pub, though, it might just be a wee rammy!

G

• Like 2

Scottish and Irish Gaelic I think. I've heard some awful pronunciations from Americans so far. It's stra as in "strapping" plus "mash" with the emphasis on the second syllable. Last Youtube review I watched sounded more like "Strammish" with the person emphasising the first syllable.

The connotations to a Scotsman are not so much a pitched battle as a brawl - a fight in a Glasgow bar at night might be described as a stramash :-) If it was only a couple of guys rather than the whole pub, though, it might just be a wee rammy!

G

In that case I didn't pronounce it correctly as I'm sure you are talking about my review. I asked before hand but never got an official reply so went with what seemed natural to me. To me it almost sounded more German but having never heard how it was pronounced before hand... I went with a best guess.

G

I like Stramash. Lovely word. If you don't like my native tongue, haud yer wheesht. ;-)

Again I had to Google it the first time & the Oxford English Dictionary only kind of made sense

I knew it had to be something quite clever and the "bar fight" analogy made perfect sense and the added definition of a "Rammy" was icing on the cake for the title of the additional game..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got my copy recently. Really professional piece of work this is. From the box to the overlay and the cart. The game itself really feels like the original it is based off as well, although I found it a bit easy. That may be a good thing as the difficulty doesnt ramp as hard as the arcade original - but all the same the tanks will get you eventually so its not too easy either. You can tell the Vectrex is doing its darndest to display everything - which is why the rammy zone and gloaming zone options are welcome to have a faster game.

Complaints? It seems like the score and display options are often encroached on by the game display (the ufo flies up there when shot) and for some reason my vectrex displays the score, indicators and radar too high to be clealy visible within the gaps in the overlay. (I presume its just my vectrex?)

Also the sticky tank trap issues can be a bit annoying if you get an enemy tank wedged - it slows the pace of the game down while you angle to wipe him out.

Very impressive package nonetheless.

Edited by Neo-Rio
  • Like 1

Agreed, it gets repetitive having "vector" in every homebrew game's name. I'm glad some developers are avoiding making Vector Shootout and Vector Maze and Vectorpede, try a little harder to come up with good names, we all know the game is on vector monitor, right? It would be like if Intellivision games all hand "Intelli" at the beginning of homebrew titles, that would get old quick.

• Like 1

I know copyright would have prevented naming it Battle Zone. But wouldn't something like Vector Zone, have sounded better ?

Can't we just be happy that people are still making Vectrex games in 2018? I don't even care what it's called! Ordered mine today. Thank you for making a plentiful amount available for people who aren't as active on this board, but still love to order every single homebrew that comes out to support the community!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Got my copy the other day and yeah, it's very slick and professional looking. I'm sort of amazed at how professional these "home-brews" are becoming. The game is a lot of fun and the use of the overlay with the vectors to recreate the HUD is cool. I love the "radar" screen and the flickering of the vectors gives it a "gritty" feel. Overall, it's a damn impressive effort. My copy will NOT stay in the box on the shelf and will instead be liberally played. :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Stramash Zone, is SOLD OUT !
I just want to give a great big thanks to everyone who bought a copy.
I really hope you all enjoy the game.
Hope to be releasing some more projects next year including:
Maximum Overdrive, a top down driving game inspired by a favourite ZX Spectrum game.
and
Pollinator, A game of balance and insects.
THANKS!
  • Like 6

Stramash Zone, is SOLD OUT !

I just want to give a great big thanks to everyone who bought a copy.

I really hope you all enjoy the game.

Hope to be releasing some more projects next year including:

Maximum Overdrive, a top down driving game inspired by a favourite ZX Spectrum game.

and

Pollinator, A game of balance and insects.

THANKS!

Contrats on selling all your copies of Stramash Zone, it's a great game. If your new projects come halfway to the quality of Stramash Zone then you can count me in for a copy of each :)
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...