IGNORED

stupus atari 2600 collection

stupus

So I came to realize I am never going to get pics of everything for the 2600 at once so I better just get started on posting these in company sets as I get some bits of time :)

I am only missing about 10 USA original releases to have a complete collection. Sadly about half of those are basically impossible to get the other half extremely htf and past my price point to be plausible to ever get.

There are a few more boxes I certainly would love to get though as I need about another dozen box onlys in addition to the games I don't have at all.

The 2600 has been such a fun system to collect for so many years, at 1 point just mainly focusing on carts as I did for lots of consoles in the 80s and early 90s and then more on cib as I realized it could be possible to at least come close to a complete set :)

I figured I would start by posting some of the harder to find stuff and go from there, hopefully eventually showing them all here and eventually some pal and variants etc. as well.

First here are most of the titles for what I call the 1 off games, titles made by small companies that only ever did 1 game for the 2600.

post-26050-0-82877400-1528158757_thumb.jpg

These are all cib.....but the box and manual for music machine are repro as well as the manual for Xman. I don't hold hope for ever getting the music machine box but maybe the manuals for it and xman.

I wish I could get a box for music machine as I owned both records as a kid and also saw the live stage production of it, where I could have bought the game in person....but we only had a colecovision then!! :mad:

Glib is sealed and was a copy owned by 1 of the programmers.

Boing! definitely has to be one of the oddest shaped game boxes ever.

post-26050-0-56147200-1528159011_thumb.jpg

Next up is Comma Vid. A little company that was in my general area and was actually on the same street as my favorite software store back in the mid 80s....Microtech. Both on Farnsworth in Aurora, IL.

Wish I had known then to go hit them up for some of these!

All are cib except video life which is a cart/box repro....not going to ever drop $8-10k on it.

And magicard is the sunmark remake.....content with that as well.

And of course rush hour is the repro from the 2003 CGE.

I also don't have the English manual for cakewalk and my stronghold box is fairly crappy :)

I also have the very htf ntsc alternate box for cosmic swarm....great art on it.

post-26050-0-82301700-1528159396_thumb.jpg

Next is Tigervision. Also very hard to finish set. I love the art on these boxes! All cib except the river patrol box is a repro.....to pricey for my tastes! Hard enough to just get the game and manual! Not dropping $2-5k on that box :P

post-26050-0-37905600-1528159506_thumb.jpg

Next is Avalon Hill, also a hard to complete set and mine is complete except for that pesky out of control box.....dont think i will drop $1k+ on that as much as i want it.

These came in nice 2 piece boxes with a tray like the Parker brothers games did.

post-26050-0-36171100-1528159683_thumb.jpg

Next is Telesys. Another hard to finish set with great artwork! And mine is all real and all cib on this 1! :D

post-26050-0-29129500-1528159786_thumb.jpg

Next Is CBS Electronics. Complete set all cib. Omega race came in an oversized box with a weird controller add on.

post-26050-0-68017500-1528159901_thumb.jpg

Next is Konami. They only did 3 games but they came in cool gatefold boxes that looked really nice. I have the complete set cib.

post-26050-0-09825800-1528159996_thumb.jpg

Next is Absolute. They only made 4 games for the 2600. I have all 4 cib and all sealed but tomcat

Well that's all for now, I think I hear my wife calling! Enjoy :D

Edited by stupus
  • Like 11

Time for some silver box games in celebration of the gift of a mangia box from my good buddy supergun.

Sadly it's the box cut and put inside a yellow clam shell case and it's got damage from somebody trying to remove the pricetag.....But it's the only spectrevideo/vision box I didn't have. So at least my mangia cart has something to live in.

So a complete set except the mangia cart is pal, no manual and very poor box.

Otherwise it's all the titles cib:

post-26050-0-69727800-1529339909_thumb.jpg

Next is a full set of the imagic games all cib, plus the 1 pal exclusive wing war also cib....But it's not silver! (The pal imagics were not silver but various colors)

post-26050-0-92804000-1529339986_thumb.jpg

post-26050-0-67642800-1529340000_thumb.jpg

Next is Data-age, all 8 games cib and a repro of the unreleased secret agent.

post-26050-0-82389900-1529340119_thumb.jpg

Lastly is the 1 game sunrise released for the 2600, quest for Quintana roo. I also added the telegames version of it and the 2 telegames exclusives to this pic. As well as my 1 other telegames variant of chuck norris......without chucks name.

post-26050-0-91615200-1529340268_thumb.jpg

The other game that came in a silver box was boing!, but it's slready shown in the above post.

And then of course the silver line atari made themselves. I will show those another day when I try and do all the atari brand releases at once. :)

Edited by stupus
  • Like 2

You have some very tough to get boxes, I have looked at your wanted list and it's a mile long so I thought you were just shooting the breeze but boy was I wrong. Just don't know how you concentrate on all those systems.

Thanks man :)

Yes my full want list is a bit nuts and probably intimidates people from even looking at it. Lol

But it mostly is so long because it includes obscure stuff, variants, foreign stuff, hardware etc.

I did make the "short version" which I have needed to add to my signature but haven't yet.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266326-stupus-want-to-buy-trade-list-the-short-list-most-wanted/?p=3776531

Basically my most wanted stuff and stuff to complete sets....still some very rare and obscure stuff but I add it in for completeness sake and documentation.

I have been collecting for close to 35 years, so time, patience, good friends, and determination got me most of it. Of the pre nes stuff all my system collections are virtually complete for original releases except for bounty bob from 5200 and less than a dozen 2600 titles and another dozen boxes .

So I'm not really collecting a few dozen systems at once. The last few years it's mostly been finishing the harder 2600 stuff and the occasional obscure oddity for other systems I am lucky enough to find. Knowing lots of collectors personally is great and when a big guy leaves the hobby is usually the only chance to get some of this stuff ;) Often they rather their gems go cheaper to a friend who will love it, share it, document it, not resell it, etc than put it on ebay randomly themselves.

So I came to realize I am never going to get pics of everything for the 2600 at once so I better just get started on posting these in company sets as I get some bits of time :)

I am only missing about 10 USA original releases to have a complete collection. Sadly about half of those are basically impossible to get the other half extremely htf and past my price point to be plausible to ever get.

There are a few more boxes I certainly would love to get though as I need about another dozen box onlys in addition to the games I don't have at all.

The 2600 has been such a fun system to collect for so many years, at 1 point just mainly focusing on carts as I did for lots of consoles in the 80s and early 90s and then more on cib as I realized it could be possible to at least come close to a complete set :)

I figured I would start by posting some of the harder to find stuff and go from there, hopefully eventually showing them all here and eventually some pal and variants etc. as well.

First here are most of the titles for what I call the 1 off games, titles made by small companies that only ever did 1 game for the 2600.

attachicon.gif20180604_192243.jpg

These are all cib.....but the box and manual for music machine are repro as well as the manual for Xman. I don't hold hope for ever getting the music machine box but maybe the manuals for it and xman.

I wish I could get a box for music machine as I owned both records as a kid and also saw the live stage production of it, where I could have bought the game in person....but we only had a colecovision then!! :mad:

Glib is sealed and was a copy owned by 1 of the programmers.

Boing! definitely has to be one of the oddest shaped game boxes ever.

attachicon.gif20180604_190511.jpg

Next up is Comma Vid. A little company that was in my general area and was actually on the same street as my favorite software store back in the mid 80s....Microtech. Both on Farnsworth in Aurora, IL.

Wish I had known then to go hit them up for some of these!

All are cib except video life which is a cart/box repro....not going to ever drop $8-10k on it.

And magicard is the sunmark remake.....content with that as well.

And of course rush hour is the repro from the 2003 CGE.

I also don't have the English manual for cakewalk and my stronghold box is fairly crappy :)

I also have the very htf ntsc alternate box for cosmic swarm....great art on it.

attachicon.gif20180604_185841.jpg

Next is Tigervision. Also very hard to finish set. I love the art on these boxes! All cib except the river patrol box is a repro.....to pricey for my tastes! Hard enough to just get the game and manual! Not dropping $2-5k on that box :P

attachicon.gif20180604_190059.jpg

Next is Avalon Hill, also a hard to complete set and mine is complete except for that pesky out of control box.....dont think i will drop $1k+ on that as much as i want it.

These came in nice 2 piece boxes with a tray like the Parker brothers games did.

attachicon.gif20180604_190804.jpg

Next is Telesys. Another hard to finish set with great artwork! And mine is all real and all cib on this 1! :D

attachicon.gif20180604_191412.jpg

Next Is CBS Electronics. Complete set all cib. Omega race came in an oversized box with a weird controller add on.

attachicon.gif20180604_191205.jpg

Next is Konami. They only did 3 games but they came in cool gatefold boxes that looked really nice. I have the complete set cib.

attachicon.gif20180604_190944.jpg

Next is Absolute. They only made 4 games for the 2600. I have all 4 cib and all sealed but tomcat

Well that's all for now, I think I hear my wife calling! Enjoy :D

Just a question.

Are any of the Avalon Hill games worth playing?

Avalon Hill was a well established board game company that made their 5 games right as the crash was happening.

They were games that definitely had work and polish put into them. They are all fairly unique games and I wouldn't say any are bad games. But I also wouldn't say they are must haves or particularly awesome. Shuttle orbitor is probably the most unique. The others are mostly new takes on your old standards.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So I picked up boom bang last night from Sean Kelly's store video games then and now.....my only Cooper pickup in some time.

So time to show them all!

looks like I am up to 46 with 3 variants at the bottom :)

God I love these terrible little guys!!!!!

post-26050-0-60879700-1556155219_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My complete ntsc xonox collection...plus some pal titles. Still need some boxes but i have every cart :)

20191108_192509.thumb.jpg.1beaba8056c32ec0fba299a1b4d71db5.jpg

And my complete panda set too. Again i still need a few boxes and a couple manuals. 

20191107_201017.thumb.jpg.3cedfa95adb479c2b0dae2f3cbfbc735.jpg

And my complete cib ITT Family games collection!

20191104_184722.thumb.jpg.d000f58e5c34ca470aedea36a1bb81d8.jpg

And my 2600 game copier collection lol

20191027_180901.thumb.jpg.a57c2bbc22c9d5363603ee9791ca8262.jpg

My complete cib starpath/arcadia collection....plus a bunch of variants :)

20191004_193441.thumb.jpg.524a81b1502ef53b2dc89bd8531e3d36.jpg

All 3 zellers exclusives cib and a zellers shopping bag!

20190930_124851.thumb.jpg.ab6115daf0d9904a45b262d28a86ea1c.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks!

I agree xonox and panda are the hardest companies to find boxes for!

SoS and Si is 1 pal set, 1 ntsc set and 1 third party set by video soft of south holland michigan....a company similar to pleasant valley video that made their own atari games. ;)

• Like 1