IGNORED

Atari 7800 pinout question

justingj

I have a project going on here at home that I could use some help on. I have a vintage Joust arcade machine, no pcb, monitor, gutted. I would like to buy an older 19" tv, stick in there, and wire the factory controls to a cord off a donor atari controller. I have a cord with all 7 wires, and have found the pinouts for a 2600, but I am wondering what the remaining pin or pins are, and if this project is feasible? Also, I assume once I hook the thing up the buttons will actually work, I'm not sure if they're a normally open or closed circuit, so I suppose that will be the deciding factor.

allright, I'm getting closer, 1 more question. When you say that some controllers had 520 ohm resistors and some had 620 ohm, do I have to have one or the other, or can I use anything in between? Radio Shack has 580 ohm resistors, or I can splice some together for 517, does it matter?

When you say that some controllers had 520 ohm resistors and some had 620 ohm, do I have to have one or the other, or can I use anything in between? Radio Shack has 580 ohm resistors

580 ohms should be fine. Anywhere in the 500-600 ohm range should work. The specs don't need to be that exact, just the same as each other.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org