IGNORED

Gyruss for Intellivision?

Gyruss is now canceled.

Good. But to me that mostly means that he will go deeper underground and sell by contacting interested individuals privately. It wouldn't be the first time that is done to avoid or escape some controversy. I still say the world should know that Dino Yachaya is an unscrupulous thief.

-dZ.

• Like 1

Good. But to me that mostly means that he will go deeper underground and sell by contacting interested individuals privately. It wouldn't be the first time that is done to avoid or escape some controversy.

-dZ.

I'm sure this kind of behavior is a some what common occurrence. That game(Gyruss) may even make a list or two around here(mystery game). As long as people are willing to make backdoor purchases and keep things under the carpet these kind of actions will continue...

Edited by m-crew

By the way, for those who are on Facebook (I am not), my recommendation is to post something about his behaviour to bring it to light. I do not think it is enough to just kick him out of the group or delete his posts, for people will just wonder whatever happen to him and never actually be aware of his nefarious business.

-dZ.

I've took care of this on the Intellivision Homebrew group and other people has done it in other Intellivision related groups.

I've took care of this on the Intellivision Homebrew group and other people has done it in other Intellivision related groups.

:thumbsup: Thanks. It kinda looks like the affairs of that other individual we've dealt with in the past, who copied PCBs and reproduced them for profit. :mad:

-dZ.

I have heard that some people that managed to purchase a copy of Gyruss have been refunded.

Anyone able confirm here?

I can confirm that I head the same thing. Oh, and it was probably from you. So, in case you were wondering, I can confirm that I read your comment above. :grin:

• Like 1

Good. But to me that mostly means that he will go deeper underground and sell by contacting interested individuals privately. It wouldn't be the first time that is done to avoid or escape some controversy. I still say the world should know that Dino Yachaya is an unscrupulous thief.

-dZ.

From the communications I've seen on Facebook the guy truly believes there's nothing sketchy about this whole situation. That kinda disturbs me more than willful misuse.

From the communications I've seen on Facebook the guy truly believes there's nothing sketchy about this whole situation. That kinda disturbs me more than willful misuse.

That's precisely what you say in order to diffuse a situation and convince those that are still on the fence about the whole thing (of which we have seen there are a few in this forum), that it's morally OK to continue supporting him.

-dZ.

Too many things make me say he knew what he was doing.
Why not posting a video of the gameplay? To avoid comparisons with deep zone.
Why not advertise the game here where my game comes from? To avoid comparisons with deep zone.
Why not ask my permission or advice me of what he was doing? Because his game is essentially my game under any relevant aspect.
Why ask that outrageous price? To quickly capitalize on early sells before the plagiarism is discovered and someone could have complained...

This is a deliberate fraud, not an accident

Edited by artrag

He has the right to sell the boxes, except for the picture of my game on the back.

The rest is just a fraud.

Oh I wouldn't purchase anything directly from this person. I have no desire to buy stolen work. I was hoping that they contracted out the packaging to someone else and that they might come forward and offer their services. No one has ever recreated the Parker Brothers design so precisely. It would be wonderful if the many honest game programmers/sellers we have around here had access to this kind of finishing production.

• Like 1

Oh I wouldn't purchase anything directly from this person. I have no desire to buy stolen work. I was hoping that they contracted out the packaging to someone else and that they might come forward and offer their services. No one has ever recreated the Parker Brothers design so precisely. It would be wonderful if the many honest game programmers/sellers we have around here had access to this kind of finishing production.

The manual reproduction is not that difficult actually.

The costly thing is the Parker brothers cartridge mold. A new mold is costly.

Have no idea how much the two part box costs. A lot of work went into making it look like good old days.

• Like 1

He has the right to sell the boxes, except for the picture of my game on the back.

The rest is just a fraud.

Actually he doesn't have the right to the graphics on the front or the game description on the back. They likely belong to Hasbro. The name likely belongs to Konami. Edited by mr_me

Actually he doesn't have the right to the graphics on the front or the game description on the back. They likely belong to Hasbro. The name likely belongs to Konami.

And of course, the "Parker Bros." name and logo are likely trademarks to which he has no rights.

Reproducing the boxes may be expensive, if you wish to include the inlet platform to stow the cartridge and manual. The reason no publisher has reproduced this style so far is because it is likely not profitable -- unless, of course, you steal the intellectual property and charge three times as much as a regular game.

-dZ.

• Like 1

The manual reproduction is not that difficult actually.

The costly thing is the Parker brothers cartridge mold. A new mold is costly.

Have no idea how much the two part box costs. A lot of work went into making it look like good old days.

I took a crack at opening up a Frogger cart to see if they could be reused the way Mattel shells can. The answer is... kinda? Probably not worth the effort though. I did find that Coleco carts were very easy to reuse so the thousands of unwanted DK carts could be recycled. Would cost more to produce the larger cart label though.

I took a crack at opening up a Frogger cart to see if they could be reused the way Mattel shells can. The answer is... kinda? Probably not worth the effort though. I did find that Coleco carts were very easy to reuse so the thousands of unwanted DK carts could be recycled. Would cost more to produce the larger cart label though.

"Thousands of unwanted DK" is a myth. Most people are quite happy with the Coleco game either as part of their collection, or to play it. Sure, DK Arcade is much better, but the Coleco DK is not really the worst game on the platform. ;)

-dZ.

• Like 1

The Parker Brothers trademark could be up for grabs. Does anyone use that name anymore?

I believe it's owned by Hasbro. Do you seriously think that the hundreds or thousands of properties and trademarks previously owned by Parker Bros. would just be left lying around free to grab?

"Thousands of unwanted DK" is a myth. Most people are quite happy with the Coleco game either as part of their collection, or to play it. Sure, DK Arcade is much better, but the Coleco DK is not really the worst game on the platform. ;)

-dZ.

maybe semifinalist

• Like 3

I believe it's owned by Hasbro. Do you seriously think that the hundreds or thousands of properties and trademarks previously owned by Parker Bros. would just be left lying around free to grab?

That's exactly what happens if you stop using the trademark. [but you're right, the Parker Brothers name is still used.]

-dZ.

Just like Major League Baseball there were probably a million manufactured. Whatever remains today is many, many times more than the number of Intellivision collectors. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game. Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

-dZ.

The same can be said for Poker & Blackjack but there are still thousands of those carts out there that you can't even sell for $2. I go through tons of lots that I pick up to grab an item or two from and then resale the rest. DK carts lag only behind P&BJ and maybe Space Battle in leftover loose numbers.

I wasn't attacking DK as a game, I have a nice copy in my own collection and enjoy playing it. But everyone that want's one has one so there is a large surplus of loose carts of it for game producers to cull for shells if they ever wanted to make a Coleco style release.

may i ask you what would be the finalist? (if not kong)

ah, i know zaxxon, i owned it likewise kong but i can't remember that i played it.

it will vary i guess, some will dislike other games, likewise i never really disliked BJ&P, my buddy and me played it quite often.

having that game for my inty again i do play it, but to be honest i wouldn't play any else card game it's pure nostalgia.

A few years ago, Donkey Kong "won" in a poll taken on the "Worst Game" for the Intellivision.

The interesting thing about this is that out of 63 votes, Donkey Kong got only 21 votes. This means that it won a plurality of the votes but not the majority. Two-thirds of the folks voted for other games as the worst, which just goes to show the varied opinions.

A few years ago, Donkey Kong "won" in a poll taken on the "Worst Game" for the Intellivision.

The interesting thing about this is that out of 63 votes, Donkey Kong got only 21 votes. This means that it won a plurality of the votes but not the majority. Two-thirds of the folks voted for other games as the worst, which just goes to show the varied opinions.

are you sure? I see 22 votes to DK (:grin:)