IGNORED

eBay Promotions

boxpressed

I didn't realize it but I guess they're feeling the pinch a bit.  I had an overlapping offer from them that did accept, it's not the usual 4-5day window, but ALL month 200 free standard or fixed price listings (400 total) which ins unheard of.  I accepted them.

I'm thinking I took a month and a half off, what could it hurt just to refresh listings, top it back up to 50, and just see what happens.  I don't care if it moves or not with what's going on all that much, so I won't cheapo price the stuff off where it was before as it was already lower/reasonable than most.  I'm curious just to see if it sits or not.

The "free listing" deals are bullshit.  What that tells me is on top of the 10% fee applied to BOTH purchase price and shipping, then the PayPal fee (or whatever fee eBay charges for payments,) they want a fee for listing.

Any more eBay is becoming less useful for me.  I do not consider eBay as an opportunity to make any money.  In fact, on most sales I lose money.  The only thing eBay offers me is the one place world+dog knows for me to try to get rid of stuff I would rather not throw away.  I am getting to the point where I just chuck most things which do not sell in 30 days.  I have a few things up right now which will get trashed when they end.

• 4 weeks later...

I received an offer on one of my accounts but not the other. Check your homepage just in case:

What is the Promotion?

5% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item (the “Promotion”).

Who's eligible?

Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable.

Promotion details

The Promotion starts at 5:00AM PT on May 4th, 2020 and ends at 11:59PM PT on May 6th, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion applies to any qualifying items purchased during the Promotion Period that meet the minimum purchase requirement. You must activate the offer to qualify.

*Qualifying items exclude all items in the following categories: Classifieds; Business & Industrial, but only for Heavy Equipment within that category; Real Estate; Gift Cards & Coupons, including eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts within that category; Bullion within the Coins & Paper category; and all categories in Motors, except Parts & Accessories.

Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. See eBay Bucks Terms & Conditions for other program restrictions. Purchases must be completed during the Promotion Period and paid for before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...