IGNORED

OT: Sorta TI-Related as it relates to AtariAge...

Omega-TI

I'm minding my own business... my phone goes off, but I'm on a lunch break, not home or whatever... but the glass keyboard on the phone sucks with my fat fingers. Sometimes I'd like to leave better replies to people, but it takes so damn long to type in a reply...

Today I started looking at Bluetooth keyboards and found << THIS ONE >>. Has anyone had any first-hand experience with this thing? The fact that it also has a touch pad would sure make life easier.

Any information or alternate suggestion would be appreciated! Thanks!

71bcGCPPXGL._SL1500_.jpg

Even cheaper << HERE >>

• Like 1

I have the same problem and have heard that some phones will allow you to use voice dictation. Obviously this can't be done in some situations, such as a movie theater. I haven't tried it yet myself but would be curious if anyone has experience with it.

I've not seen many phones support a touchpad. And I think that your left hand will hate that split location. I've used a lot of mobile keyboards over the years from the PalmOS days, and the only split keyboard that works well is the center split:

This one does it right. Although, the problem with that one if you're an Android user is that it's a Mac/iOS layout keyboard, strangely with Windows ctrl/fn layout. I did finally force myself to learn to use that layout because I use a PC keyboard on my Mac. It may be that putting it in Android or Windows mode swaps the win/alt keys, if so the legends would just be wrong. I don't think that's a big deal on Android really, which is probably why it's labeled for iOS. No guarantees there, only that the keyboard mechanism is easier to not miss g, t, b, etc. :)

I miss the original Stowaway design personally. You can still find them, and they're more convenient than the Logitech non-folding keyboard I carry, this one. It works, and you can physically turn it off. I mentioned i use a PC keyboard on my Mac—basically its big brother with the numeric keypad, sans the Mac driver that puts it into Mac mode. That's intentional because the Mac mode is actually horrid on a Mac. ;) Works okay on iOS.

I have a Microsoft branded folding keyboard that I use with my iPad but it works with the iPhone also. It works with Windows, Android and iOS. The split is right down the middle, between the T and Y keys vertically. What I like about this one is that it has great tactile response - pretty much like a normal laptop keyboard. I had tried one with the rubber buttons in the past and it was horrid. That being said, the Microsoft keyboard is certainly not the cheapest...

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Universal-Foldable-Keyboard-Android/dp/B00UBGU4PY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530028304&sr=8-3&keywords=microsoft+folding+bluetooth+keyboard

If you shop around you can get this cheaper elsewhere...

• Like 1