IGNORED

S-video terminal purchase for use with Bryan's UAV Rev. D

Amerika

No..the colors on the UAV are set by the resistors he has installed. That Pot on the UAV is to adjust the artifacting. If you load up the 7800 Diagnostics rom from a flash cart, it has a color match section and above that an artifact test section on that same screen. On an actual 7800 the colors are basically pink and green, but through composite on the UAV on a 7800 the best I could get is lavender and light orange. this is why tower Toppler through composite looks so strange through a UAV. But Tower Toppler is the only game I've found that is actually effected by this.

So the colors being off is just how the colors are represented on LCDs. You can adjust your LCDs tint etc to get it very close to the right colors that match that of the CRT. But when I do that on my display, then it throws the colors off for every other game and game system I own. So I just live with green grass with darker patches of green grass on Commando.

Mateos 16-in-in flash cart. Works just fine but has a limit on how much you can store it in. You can store 16 games if they are 128k or less, but in 144k mode (Required for games like Bentley and some others) then you are limited to 8 total that can be stored on the cart. The diagnostic utility is pretty nice as it has full controller testing, front panel button test and switches, internal ram checks, color swatch display along with the artifacting lines and color hue match bars along the bottom, plus an audio test for both TIA and POKEY to make sure they are properly working and balanced on their loudness to each other, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

So, a quick update to this. I figured out why my video capture didn't look right compared to what I was seeing on my TV's when hooked directly to them. If you have the micomsoft sc-512n1-l/dvi capture card, you might need to configure your settings similar to mine to get proper capture.

I changed my YUV Color Space to 709 (it was on Default which is 601), I changed the YUV Color Range to Full (it was on Partial by default) and the real kicker was going into Configure Video/Video Encoder and changing that to NTSC_M_J rather than the default NTSC_M. I still need to adjust the brightness up to between 10 and 15 (it's on 15 in this video) or it is just too dark.

I've never had to make any of these changes with any other console so this was quite a learning experience. The quality seems about as good as s-video on this old hardware will allow. It's definitely not clean, but it's definitely better than the options I had before by a good margin!

And here is what Xenophobe looks like. This game definitely lets you see any jailbars or ghosting.

Edited by Amerika

So, a quick update to this. I figured out why my video capture didn't look right compared to what I was seeing on my TV's when hooked directly to them. If you have the micomsoft sc-512n1-l/dvi capture card, you might need to configure your settings similar to mine to get proper capture.

I changed my YUV Color Space to 709 (it was on Default which is 601), I changed the YUV Color Range to Full (it was on Partial by default) and the real kicker was going into Configure Video/Video Encoder and changing that to NTSC_M_J rather than the default NTSC_M. I still need to adjust the brightness up to between 10 and 15 (it's on 15 in this video) or it is just too dark.

I've never had to make any of these changes with any other console so this was quite a learning experience. The quality seems about as good as s-video on this old hardware will allow. It's definitely not clean, but it's definitely better than the options I had before by a good margin!

And here is what Xenophobe looks like. This game definitely lets you see any jailbars or ghosting.

Interesting, I don't recall Xenophobe showing any jailbars like that on my setup. But then my converter and my receiver don't play well together so everything I send to the LCD is 720p and not 1080p. But I'm pretty sure it doesn't look like that on my setup. Will have to check tonight and see if I can get some pics taken. I don't have a video capture as my PC and actual game consoles are in two completely different parts of the house and it really isn't practical to move everything around.