IGNORED

P-Box Owners: FULL BOX?

Omega-TI

P-Box owners poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is your P-Box full?

2. 2. Would you be willing to replace your "Flex Cable" if it added new features too?

3. 3. Regardless of features, all bets are off if the price with cables is over:

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Some lucky TI'ers have FULL P-Boxes, what do you guys do when you find you need another slot? Sure, you could remove a card, but what about guys who need and use everything? How many of you are really out there? Is there a large enough market for a new item, a "DOUBLING UP" with a new P-Box solution?

What do I mean by a doubling up? Well, every P-Box needs a FIRE HOSE, some have started to fail, albeit very few, but why not kill three birds with one stone? (1)Replace that blasted huge & unsightly cable, thus having a new item (2)eliminating worries of failure and (3)ADD and extra function or two getting the most out of a single slot.

The P-Box can be a sizable investment over time, so getting the most out of it seems like a no-brainer, but what, within the realm of reality, would you add to a new and possibly improved flex card replacement?

Get one of Jim Fetzners side port splitter cards and add a second P=Box.

Did, done & liken it. Not only do you double your slots but also your drive bays. PEB 2 has two external CF bays for my scuzzy card. Makes back ups a breeze and looks big and imposing which is always cool.

Very worth the extra 3 cubic feet of room it takes and the effort & cost incured to make it happen.

• Like 4

Sooooo, a wireless "fire hose"? That would be awesome. A tx/rx unit plugged into the side of the TI, and a tx/rx card in the box with some "extra features".

I don't think this would work because the signals are parallel and require specific timings, something that would not be possible to achieve with a serial connection...

So far the majority would either go for it or be open to the idea, but then that brings up the $64,000 question... what extra(s) would YOU actually want on the card?

If the point is to eliminate a pre-existing card, what would you want it to be?

If you wanted to add new options, they skies the limit, but what would you choose? Putting the speech in the box too? Adding a CorComp compatible real time clock? Maybe something new like a USB port? Something only YOU have thought about?

So far the majority would either go for it or be open to the idea, but then that brings up the $64,000 question... what extra(s) would YOU actually want on the card?

If the point is to eliminate a pre-existing card, what would you want it to be?

If you wanted to add new options, they skies the limit, but what would you choose? Putting the speech in the box too? Adding a CorComp compatible real time clock? Maybe something new like a USB port? Something only YOU have thought about?

I'd simply be happy to see that behemoth ribbon cable reduced in size and length. It's the one part of the system I've always found to be in the way, no matter how I orient the PEB.

That said, I like your ideas: adding a USB port (or, more specifically, a USB port for a keyboard) and real time clock sound great.

I imagine cost (ideally, under $100, based on the poll results) would be the key factor here in determining how much goes into it.

One short and nothing to put in it.

1. Flex Cable Interface
  2. 32k Memory Expansion
  3. RS-232 Interface
  4. SID Master 99
  5. EMPTY
  6. SNUG BwG Floppy Controller
  7. WHT SCSI
  8. Rave99

post-27864-0-60436900-1531081776_thumb.jpg

All cards blue LEDs, except for the BwG which has a dual-color blue/red.