IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Very overpriced NES games

RSS Bot

So I am looking at the game library. I like to collect games released late in a system's life. Looked up Cliffhanger on eBay. It was about $80. Last Action Hero was about the same. Disgruntled, I thought Jimmy Connors Tennis would be a sane price. Nope. It's even higher. Who would pay $200 for a stupid tennis game? I did however find sane prices for a few I didn't have: Championship Pool (October 1993) and Jurassic Park (June 1993). I thought I had Nigel Mansell's game, but I looked in the garage. Turns out it was Bill Elliott's. Oh well.

At least I found the AC cord for the new-style NES. Plugged it in. It has been a while. Still works. Yay. So at least I got that going for me. But I knew a few are unobtanium, like Chip & Dale 2, or that Flintstones game. Makes me wonder why some late market games are stupidly expensive and others are sanely priced. Is it really rarity? I question that because there's always at least a half-dozen copies of even the "rare" games on eBay.

I also wonder why the last NES game ever released (Wario's Woods) is reasonably priced. I guess it's just the way NES collecting, and retro video game collecting in general, goes. But why does it have to go that way?

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14811-very-overpriced-nes-games/