IGNORED

Alive and Kicking (again)

Not much hassle, except that it happened while I was sleeping, so I didn't see it right away. And it's 4:30am, so I need to go back to sleep!

..Al

Wait ... does AA wake you up alerting you of site problems? And if so, does it use a female voice like Siri? Or Stark's Friday AI? :)

• Like 1

Yeah around 10-something last night it went offline. Stor was still up ironically. I noticed a bunch of new collecovision games in there. :P

The forum database is sitting on another server, and the web server was unable to connect to it after an automatic upgrade process filed on the database server. This is why the store was still up. I need to modify the main page so if it cannot connect to the forum database, it'll still display the (stale) news properly.

..Al

I noticed it was down, but I don't really consider AtariAge being down to be a critical incident of the "wake me up at night" variety. Keep sleeping and fix it during business hours. I think we'll all survive an 8 hour break from AA every so often.

It's not something that happens often, and I prefer to fix problems like this ASAFP. I can always go back to sleep later. Although this morning, when I awoke at 4am and saw the problem and corrected it, I did not go back to sleep--had to be up early to meet others for a group mountain bike ride.

..Al

• Like 3

In my crazy mind. Someone tripped on the power cord to the Atari-age forum. Then Albert calls them to plug the server back into the power outlet.

I would hope there's something more than a $12 surge strip protecting the server.

The outage last night did inform me that I browse this site entirely too much though...

• Like 1