IGNORED

Crazy Videogame Logic

Dying is a perfectly legitmate way to deal with a bad situation. Shame we don't really have multiple lives, respawn points, or invincibility frames in real life.

If we could die and respawn, I don't think it would help us avoid such things as bills, morgages and other various types of debts. :D

• Like 2

If we could die and respawn, I don't think it would help us avoid such things as bills, morgages and other various types of debts. :D

Of course not! Dying never changes the prices in the shops, and I can only think of one game where you can profit from it (if a friend will help.)

But it would sure help with things like bad dates, getting out of work, rush hour traffic...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since FPS are fun to pick on, I always enjoy the fact some games allow multiple head shots to drop a guy, but one to you and it's done as it should be. Or the classic Medal of Honor (and friends) of unload an entire mag clip into a body to drop the dude wearing nothing but a shirt (no armor) yet he returns the favor and you're in trouble far sooner which seemed in both cases hypocritical for false difficulty challenge.

In adventure/exploration games, every item is strongly glued to the ground or fixtures. Unless you need it, in this case you can pick up that strange gem that looks like any other gems that are next to it, and use it several hours later in a totally different part of the game.

• Like 2

I've just played Super Cobra (Coleco) for a bit and pondered the wisdom of destroying fuel sources in order to refuel your craft. It's an undeniably fun mechanic (and a vg trope of course) , but explaining it requires some seriously convoluted mental gymnastics. Quantum bombs which don't really explode but suck the fuel out and direct it to your craft thorough a multidimensional wormhole is the closest one I came to.

Videogames are obviously littered with such amusing conundrums. What's your favourite one?

Hehe, I love it how in alot of fighting games you can find food powerups in the strangest places where they wouldn't be in real life. Like in Streets of Rage 2 for example ,it's so funny when you can kick a garbage can over and find a fully cooked roasted turkey underneath! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :lolblue:

Red barrels are used exclusively for the storage of highly combustible materials, & are always stored next to things especially prone to explosive damage. Safety!

And evil henchmen just LOVE to stand by them too. Awfully convenient.

Or henchmen who's sole purpose in life is to stand on a small ledge and shoot guns all day, even if there's nothing there.

• Like 1

Since FPS are fun to pick on, I always enjoy the fact some games allow multiple head shots to drop a guy, but one to you and it's done as it should be. Or the classic Medal of Honor (and friends) of unload an entire mag clip into a body to drop the dude wearing nothing but a shirt (no armor) yet he returns the favor and you're in trouble far sooner which seemed in both cases hypocritical for false difficulty challenge.

you think that's bad, try rainbow six 3 for xbox

Under a sidewalk, in the carpet, and under a house are all viable hiding places for hide and go seek.

A two foot fall can be lethal.

You have multiple ships, but no more than 1 can ever be engaged in battle at a time. That is unless an enemy bug ship captures your ship and your other ship frees it. Then they have to fly together as one.

Edited by Ramses
  • Like 1

• I can't figure out how to get a burrito on a Mexican holiday, but on each battleground for FPS there's always some magazines .... who dropped them there, why and how long ago?

In almost every JRPG monsters carry currency! Why? Are they using it at the local MonsterMarket in case no adventurer makes it in time for Mauling Monday?

Doors are color coded according to the keys needed to open them which are located at the opposite close ends of the level .... just because.

Characters almost never need a bathroom break .... I do, thank god modern games have a pause function but in some of them the clock keeps ticking .... c'mon now.

Chests communicate across time and space so that I can find stuff that I put in one of them at the other end of town, right here in room 28.

You can pounce on a turtle to get its shell shooting out leaving it "naked"

If you hit the rails the other racers eventually slow down so you can catch up

You can powerslide at 200mph ... lol

You can make a corner by slamming to the wall as fast as you can

YOU CAN WIN LIVES ... UH!

Mistakes cause loss of life ... a little draconian if you as me but that partially explain the point above

• Like 1

GTA3 is good for this.

Slowly parking a car on top of someone will not harm them...unless you then look directly AT the person.

Falling from any height will barely harm you. Fall in a bottomless pit, and you'll be back on the surface in no time.

Getting your head wet = instant death...even on a sloped shoreline.

Medics have no problem reanimating corpses at no charge (regardless of how they died). When you die, they'll take all of your posessions and a hundred bucks too.

Any car you take is in perfect running condition with infinite fuel. If it gets a little banged up, get it painted or stash it in your garage to fix it back up.

Have a shop paint the car you are in, and the police will forget all about you.

You can usually find weapons or other assets on tops of buildings and other hard-to-reach places. Or, just buy whatever you need at a local store...no ID check or questions asked.

Nobody raises an eyebrow if you wander though the city armed with every weapon imaginable. Unless you fire a round or punch somebody.

Your environment is totally indestructable...except specific buildings, windows, or fences which aren't. Chain link fences, BTW, can only be flattened with a car...they are immune to weapons.

Walking out onto the runways of a busy airport is a perfectly safe action. Just don't shoot at a plane, and you'll be ignored.

Driving as fast and recklessly as possible to reach a destination will give you hefty bonus $$$ when you are in a taxi. Even if it's only a few blocks away.

All but the first apply to VC, too...plus:

The proper way to deliver a pizza is to fling it at 'em.

• Like 1

Come on guys, if video games were realistic they would be all kinds of boring.

I remember when Robinson's Requiem came out it was lauded for being complex and realistic... but if I remember correctly you could get scratched and die from infection quite quickly unless you knew what to do.

I suppose it was a more modern version of dying from dysentery on the Oregon Trail :)

Edited by Newsdee
  • Like 1

Come on guys, if video games were realistic they would be all kinds of boring.

I remember when Robinson's Requiem came out it was lauded for being complex and realistic... but if I remember correctly you could get scratched and die from infection quite quickly unless you knew what to do.

I kind of want to play that game just from all the micromanagement.

Ha, for sure point' n click (and some text) adventures could warrant their own thread regarding their madcap logic. I've played a helluva lot of them back in the day and don't recall finishing many...

Most of the aforementioned examples might be a bit crazy but are more or less fun still - here's one I absolutely hate: knee-high "walls" as an obstacle. Especially when your character is a super agile ninja-like. It's partially understandable at level boundaries - but sometimes these are found bang in the middle...

Side quest: the Fallout door ridiculousness :)

0hDuH40.jpg

• Like 3