IGNORED

Started Playing ZombiU "Cold"

wongojack

I didn't know anything about it except it had Zombi's on the cover . . .

Ooof - rough start. I played for like 2 hours and died right before I could take a "shortcut" back to the "safehouse." I hadn't died at all, so I didn't know what would happen. I NEVER thought I would just respawn as someone else in the "safehouse" (that I had only been to once before). I had no gear and no way to even get back to my corpse (which I quickly guessed is what you are supposed to do). I had to look online to see if the game could even be continued or if I'd hit some weird glitch.

Ok so I said fnck THAT and just deleted that game and started another new one. I want my stuff, and I want the satisfaction of completing the game's FIRST level. I was super careful. I did the mission business, and I sprinted to the shortcut, but when I tried to use the shortcut, I found out the zombies can interrupt you and hurt you -- I died again. However previously, I had been smart enough to open up the shortcut to the safehouse before I died. So - what did I do? I took the shortcut with the respawn character, killed my old corpse and returned to the safehouse. Except . . . there are now no Zombies to kill and the game won't progress. I really have hit a bug now.

Man, I don't know if this game really deserves any more of my time. I can tell there is some fun to be had with it, but is it really worth it? Good thing I got it for cheap.

Also, it seems that the way things were supposed to work was I would encounter some other gamers' corpses every once in a while. That has apparently been shut down, so I can't even get the benefit of surprise loot from another confused player.

Maybe I should just play Pac-Man . . .

• Like 2

Yes - I don't think it is a bad game. I wish that during the tutorial, they had forced me to die, so I understood that the game's primary hook is that once you are killed, you respawn as a different person and need to go find your recently zombified friend. They sorta did this, but I wish I had known that this was not just like every other game with normal checkpoints etc.

Flojo - I think you are in a better position now that you know. Honestly, now that I have my head wrapped around the way it works, I think it could be fun. It was disappointing that I learned, changed my strategy, and then hit a game breaking bug though.

In terms of it being "scary," they use every conventional scare tactic that you've seen a million times. It works to give you a rise of suspense but not to give you nightmares. There's nothing new here in the "horror" part of survival horror, but that is fine with me.

One other thing - this game is NOT a Japanese game. It seems to be wholly designed and created by people from the UK. It is as English as a World Cup Semi-Final . . .