IGNORED

Modded 6 button Jaguar controller for the Atari 7800

Tidus79001

Would it be possible to mod a 6 button Atari Jaguar controller to map pause select, reset, left difficulty switch, right difficulty switch as well as 2 independent fire buttons, and make the keypad available for use in games?

Edited by Tidus79001

Well in theory you could just gut the controller and put in a custom PCB but you'd still need one set of cables for the joypad and fire buttons, another for the keypad, and another for the console switches which would require a console mod to make those functions accessible externally.

I'm not familiar with the Jag controller schematics but I'm almost certain there's no way to mod the existing circuitry to do what you suggest.

Probably the better option would be to encourage developers to support the keypad as an alternative to the hardware switches on games that don't require the second controller port for anything else.

Just would be nice to be able to map at least map pause select to the keypad. Having at least those Just give more flexibility to games that someone might want to create as opposed to just 2 buttons. I suspect that the left difficulty switch and right difficulty switches might not be possible without a mod since they are hard/physical functions as opposed to pause, select, and reset. As for the keypad it would just be nice if it was the Jaguar controller being adapted for the 7800, but since the Atari 7800 can use the Video Touch Pad/Star Raider Controller already is a solution for a keypad.

Edited by Tidus79001