IGNORED

Heavy Sixer problem

pyntom

I recently purchased an Atari 2600 Six Switch, and have been noticing a problem where the picture does not stay still, and then it looses color. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be--just a reference in order to begin identifying the problem would be helpful.

I recently got a standard 6 Switch system and originally it didn't work at all. After simply hooking it all up the image showed up but the colors in the games would change frequently.

It turned out that the power connector, where you plug in the Power supply into on the Atari, was loose. I simply had to resolder it and now it works with no problems.

I would suggest looking to see if your power connector is loose as well. If that isn't it, I would suggest looking around and seeing if any of the componets are loose as well.

If you happen to have a DMM (Digital MultiMeter) available you may also want to check the voltage of the 7805 Power Regulator. It is black with three prongs and has a silver looking top that is screwed onto the PCB.

------

| 0 |

------

|7805|

------

| | |

| | |

The Pins read as follows - On the far left is Output +5VDC. Center is Ground, and the far right is the Input from your Power Supply which sould be +9VDC.

Reading Output -

Connect your DMM connectors to the far left Output +5VDC and middle pin Ground -- Red to Output +5VDC and Black to Ground

Reading Input -

Connect your DMM connectors to the far right Input +9VDC and middle pin Ground -- Red to Input +9VDC and Black to Ground