IGNORED

I am now streaming on Twitch.

GeekDragon

I just started streaming on Twitch. I am currently playing Doom 4 on xbox one. I got a backlog of games that need to be finished, so I decided to stream while I finish. My Twitch name is miketheretrogamer. Stop by, watch me play and hit the follow button. My goal is to stream retro systems, like the NES, Super NES, 2600, etc.

Edited by GeekDragon

My twitch name is EpicMeatloaf, but i seem to have an issue. when i stream with OBS, the games lag and don't run correctly. any ideas?

How do you stream on OBS? I have it all set up with Twitch, but I can't get the game to go live. Do you run Twitch and OBS at the same time? Also, if you follow me, I'll follow you.

How do you stream on OBS? I have it all set up with Twitch, but I can't get the game to go live. Do you run Twitch and OBS at the same time? Also, if you follow me, I'll follow you.

This makes no sense.

If you are using OBS to stream, with a console game you need to run your system into a capture card, then bring that into OBS.

If you are doing a PC game, you need to do a game capture, window capture or desktop capture in OBS in order to grab the gameplay footage.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Im just now starting to get the hang of all this. I am streaming on xbox one, ps4 and through the app for my live drawing. I can stream on twitch and through my phone perfectly. But, I dont know how to get the widgets from streamlabs to show up on my stream. I have the widgets all set up already. So, I guess my real question is, can I use streamlabs with current consoles? Or do I need the capture card to do this.

I can't help you if you're going through a phone app. You are best off streaming through a computer, not a phone.

*edit: I found your stream and it looks like when you do Xbox One streaming, you are going through the Xbox One Twitch app. You can't use overlays or stream notifications when you do this.

When you stream from your phone, I don't know if you can get overlays. You will need to do a search elsewhere for that information.

https://www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer

Edited by Austin

Yes I am going through the xbox app. Yes you answered my question. Thank you. I appreciate it. Right now I dont have the funds for a capture card. I'm working on it though. I'm sure it's the same way with the phone app. Like I said, I'm just starting g out and trying to figure all this out. Again thank you.