IGNORED

That thread about the NES was about the NES

S.BAZ

I don't understand what that dude's complaint was about. The original post was all about the NES and how it compared to other systems. The other post was about the NES and XEGS and their unique outputs during the 80's, and it was in response to something said about NES (that it may have been the only one with that output).

Both posts were obviously discussing the Nintendo Entertainment System. This guy jaybird3rd complained saying one post was about Coleco ADAM and the other about XEGS, which is obvious nonsense.

So I have to ask, why did that thread get locked??

Both posts were obviously discussing the Nintendo Entertainment System. This guy jaybird3rd complained saying one post was about Coleco ADAM and the other about XEGS, which is obvious nonsense.

So I have to ask, why did that thread get locked??

I think I explained my reasons clearly enough. HDTV1080P has been asked multiple times to limit his long, rambling, redundant, headache-inducing, spam-like posts to a single thread in an appropriate venue such as the Marketplace, since they're supposedly about promoting and/or reviewing A/V cables and upgrades.

More than half of his first post in the other thread was a drawn-out comparison between the ColecoVision/ADAM and the NES, which for some reason veered off into a critique of the Coleco and NES versions of Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr., while the second post had a single sentence which mentioned the NES and was otherwise all about the Atari XEGS. None of those subjects have anything to do with the NES High Score Club.

(As to the question of why the thread wasn't simply moved into "Classic Gaming General": it's because HDTV1080P has already started too many other similar threads, and they always end the same way, with other users complaining about them. Moving yet another of these threads to a more visible subforum, where even more people can complain, won't solve that problem.)

• Like 1