IGNORED

Gaxian wip

artrag

As long as the price is reasonable I think there is demand, recently Wizard of Wor and Cosmic Avenger sold for $25 US for the pair,

not sure how many have sold.
Maybe ask TrekMD, I think he was the one selling them.

I know I have bought those and all the ones Elekronite sold previously, I think you need to keep them under $20 to sell decently.

Just now, Steve Jones said:

What does different assets mean?

Sprites/graphics, sounds (although the demo doesn't have any ;-), that sort of thing.

ie, everything that isn't the code.

It was great to see how Canyon Bomba @cmadruga grew here on AtariAge... Both in terms of assets and the game play/code itself!

59 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Hope this works out!

Brian's platform brings an interesting value proposition for homebrewers.

Hopefully!

We'd like a few "Argon Enhanced" games to be part of the catalog at launch, and this would be one way to do that...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

So you are planning to release several games? And forgive my ignorance but what is “Argon enhanced”?

Did I miss an announcement about these?

We've shown it in public (PRGE, CES), but not done an announcement yet.

We post behind-the-scenes pictures to social media (instagram first) -- https://www.instagram.com/markspaceinc/

Mailing list signup at http://www.markspace.com/retro/

Runs on Android, Chromebook, Amazon and Raspberry Pi.

The consoles we'll be compatible with at launch include Atari 2600, Atari Lynx, Vectrex, ColecoVision and Intellivision.

Over time, we'll add more.

11 hours ago, bhall408 said:

Sprites/graphics, sounds (although the demo doesn't have any ;-), that sort of thing.

ie, everything that isn't the code.

It was great to see how Canyon Bomba @cmadruga grew here on AtariAge... Both in terms of assets and the game play/code itself!

There is a demo with sounds on REV page with free games.

Anyway if your idea is to monetize it in a framework like one you have told above it could be interesting to complete it.

I could not remove the original assets, just make them alternative and well hidden.

8 hours ago, artrag said:

There is a demo with sounds on REV page with free games.

Anyway if your idea is to monetize it in a framework like one you have told above it could be interesting to complete it.

I could not remove the original assets, just make them alternative and well hidden.

AH... Is this a patch of a prototype? I thought I saw it was IntyBasic and thus I assumed it wasn't. Or is there some other reason the assets have to be left in, although hidden?

3 hours ago, bhall408 said:

AH... Is this a patch of a prototype? I thought I saw it was IntyBasic and thus I assumed it wasn't. Or is there some other reason the assets have to be left in, although hidden?

It is intybasic, the reason to change assets is that Galaxians is copyrighted 

Just now, artrag said:

It is intybasic, the reason to change assets is that Galaxians is copyrighted 

Correct.

I was just confused by "I could not remove the original assets, just make them alternative and well hidden."

So sounds like it is possible to just use different assets, not just hide them. Good news!

• 1 month later...

I certainly can't speak for Artrag, but I think all the hard work, energy, and time poured into a freely released game only to see it get released on cartridge as a super rare prototype of say.. Gyruss, is a good enough reason to be hesitant...   That's quite the motivation killer.

Edited by skywaffle