IGNORED

Pinball games

Asmusr

The welcome voice sounds reminiscent of Space Harrier and "Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!"

I suggest making bumpers more sensitive.  There are several times when the ball makes contact with a bumper but does not get bumped.

• Like 1

Freakin’ Awesome!

could you incorporate multi-ball somehow?

or earning something on the Play field  that would give pop back on the left and right drain lanes?

I ain’t much of a game player but I do LOVE pinball!

This is just great!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

I suggest making bumpers more sensitive.  There are several times when the ball makes contact with a bumper but does not get bumped.

Where do you see that? It's not so easy to make the flippers more sensitive, I would have to increase the subsampling of the ball's movement, which could slow everything down. 

Sorry, you're talking about the bumpers, not the flippers. The bumpers could probably be improved.

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Actually after watching the video in slow motion I'm still not sure where you see this. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Actually after watching the video in slow motion I'm still not sure where you see this. 

1:06, 20pt pop-bumper

1:54, left bumper

2:35, 20pt pop-bumper

2:43, 50pt pop-bumper

The ball changes direction but does not pick up any velocity.  On the 20pt pop-bumper, it happens in roughly the same quadrant.

6 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

1:06, 20pt pop-bumper

1:54, left bumper

2:35, 20pt pop-bumper

2:43, 50pt pop-bumper

The ball changes direction but does not pick up any velocity.  On the 20pt pop-bumper, it happens in roughly the same quadrant.

I see. The 'bumpers' above the flippers are not actually programmed as bumpers now. Only the areas in magenta on the collision map have special meaning. But if you expect those areas to boost the speed as well, I can change that. For the 20 and 50 point bumpers it's probably just a matter of drawing a fatter magenta line because the current line can be missed if the ball is moving too fast.

coll-special.png.7620136972222b143f0b22579ece71b3.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/2/2022 at 1:06 PM, Asmusr said:

Here's another - and the last - fully playable demo. If I move on from here it will be with a completely redesigned playfield.

Controls are still Space to launch and Z and M to control the flippers. Nudge keys are X and N, but those should be considered a test/demo feature.

Music and sound effects are borrowed from Bouncy's obstacle course and ZQX-ONE.

pinball-8.bin 256 kB · 47 downloads

Hi, how can I load this game on the classic99, please ?