IGNORED

Miner Bob altrernative sprite

TIX

doctorclu I see you used a mix of new and old sprites ?

On the climbing frames there are two white pixels on the hat that don't belong there..

The following is the final revision :) !

Please feel free to use them (If its not big trouble)

In any case its great to see my sprites embedded in a game I love !! so THANK YOU for that !!

Sooooooo how about Moon Patrol ?? :grin:

post-65-0-84708900-1536597851.jpg

post-65-0-14765300-1536597863.jpg

post-65-0-29735100-1536597879.jpg

post-65-0-20278200-1536598218.jpg

post-65-0-56966500-1536598231.jpg

post-65-0-03410400-1536598245.jpg

post-65-0-73776600-1536598343.jpg

Glad you liked it and will probably tinker with them a bit more to clean them up. And then port them over to the 5200 version.

Moon Patrol, was thinking of checking that out next.

Heard the Donald Duck comment, good call, how about this...

post-4709-0-65444700-1536600774.png

Great thing about the way the 2600 Miner is set up you have 9 lines of pixels to work with. (Boo!!!) but each line can be a different color (Yahh!) . :P

Edited by doctorclu

:) . Yeh, the comments confirmed I chose right to go with the Atari 800 Bounty Bob look. I had considered a more miner look. Though I might have to go with the variant I showed earlier just for fun.

post-4709-0-44064700-1536620643.png

But as much as I've loved giving Bob the Miner look, I actually have no problem with his Atari 800 look. As a character he is confused. A Mountie, who kinda looks like a Mountie as a game character, accept that his coat is blue, not red. But then he looks like a Miner on the game boxes and advertisements?

Bearded Miner Bob is alright. Kinda partial to clean shaven smiling Bob. :D

post-4709-0-00675200-1536611912.png

And maybe someday I will complete another Miner 2049er hack... Mountie Bob!

post-4709-0-49740500-1536632893.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ3YUiQ7ZmM

Edited by doctorclu

OK Since he is a bluebeard.. he can't have red hair :P

This is the last change I promise !

All the latest sprites have been cleaned, tweaked, corrected and animated frame by frame to be correct !

I can't wait for the final version.

Nah that's cool. I was at jury duty today but when I was on break I was cleaning up the sprites. I just so happened to be on the climbing sprites. Want to get this where we want it so we can copy this over to the 5200 version ONE TIME. :D

Sprite Cleaned-up Version

Miner 2049er AS06 - Download here.

Things to note:

Due to limitations in a layer, or to embellish to look better on screen or in action there have been a few adjustments made to check out.

* Climbing animations

* The two white dots at the top of the helmet are the light. There as Bob is going up the ladder and slightly looking up while he is doing it.

* White is added to the end of the arms for hands. This helps a person see the arm movement better as sometimes the ladder is the same color as the arms.

* There are actually four animations for the ladder climb 1) Left foot 2) right foot 3) two frames before the top of the ladder 4) the butt frame right before the top. So the one in bold is the one I created to complete the set.

* Walking animations I went ahead and found ways to join the legs to the feet. The blue ahead did not go all the way down to the feet, so the "boots" were extended up a bit to meet them.

*Jumping animations I deleted one pixel below the nose to help distinguish between the nose and beard.

Edited by doctorclu

Climbing animations

• Honestly I don't like that.. makes the hat look triangular :(
  • cool
  • two more frames ?!? I didn't noticed until now !?!

Walking animations

• I really like the break between head-body-feet (looks better/cleaner animated)
  • I have also corrected the posture of Bob (he looked bend over in the first revision)

Jumping animations

• cool (included in the final revision)

I haven't figure out how to export an animated gif from the editor I use, so I can show you better what I mean..

What sprite editor you use for Atari staff ??

Climbing animations

• Honestly I don't like that.. makes the hat look triangular :(
  • cool
  • two more frames ?!? I didn't noticed until now !?!

Walking animations

• I really like the break between head-body-feet (looks better/cleaner animated)
  • I have also corrected the posture of Bob (he looked bend over in the first revision)

Jumping animations

• cool (included in the final revision)

I haven't figure out how to export an animated gif from the editor I use, so I can show you better what I mean..

What sprite editor you use for Atari staff ??

Well more "cools" than not. See if I can make the changes. I did find with the feet disconnected he looks like a walking egg.

sprite editor? I use Hack-O-Matic 3 which is actually modifying the hex values in a program as I go.

I'd like to see your new miner sprites used in the upcoming Intellivision port. Have you gotten in touch with the guys working on that?

Hehe... another that did not like the "Mountie" look. Fair enough. Have to say I contacted the people making the Miner 2049er port about being a playtester and was told a few weeks ago that "The game has finished beta-testing since March. It's about to come out but I'm not authorized to say when". So you can contact them, maybe they'd be up for making a special Miner edition.

I love the way the burly dude walks around with a determined stance, and the DK Jumpman inspired ladder animations.

Kinda got that Popeye thing going on doesn't he?

I see TIX may have one other adjustment in mind. After that we will transfer the sprites and make the 5200 version. And then tinker with Moon Patrol.

Edited by doctorclu