IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 11 Round 17 - Mario Bros.

DamonicFury

Welcome to round seventeen of the 5200 HSC season 11! Mario Bros. won the poll as the only voter chose it.

Use default difficulty. Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

High score was set by atariksi , 642,770. Bust it for a bonus point!

Round ends Sunday, September 16th, 2018 @9pm EST

A link to the ROM and manual can be found here:

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareID=2077

Standings:

Cafeman - 169,070

Zylon - 121,650

NIKON - 53,070

phuzaxeman - 40,550

Northcoastgamer - 29,460

Sincere thanks for that! Interest in the 5200 HSC seems to be at an all-time low.

Summer brings a slowdown here usually as the kids are going back to school, etc. Our's have been back a month now, lol. Up north, that's not the case as I see many round here on vacations, etc. It'll pick up some in time.

Part of that may be your poll choices. I used to drop the winner and the loser each time, whereas you've been keeping the same 3 along for quite a while. It takes some getting used to, but you need to have at least two common arcade-like faves in there. Looking at your last 5 polls, the most common game won each time and votes went down as the rarity went up. I used to only have one conversion or proto in there, maybe one uncommon regular game, and the remainder was the classics. Sometimes, I'd run a 2nd chance poll with all previous runners up. You can also make a common game uncommon by using a different variation or setting at times. ;)

Hang in there, you'll be fine.

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

Even though Atari skimped a bit on this one, it's still better than the 2600 port. Plays right on par with the XE and C64 versions. Being spoiled by the next-gen platforms kinda spoiled the magic on some 2600 stuff, lol.

post-25215-0-04948600-1537126338_thumb.jpg