IGNORED

THE DIG DUG THREAD!

retrorussell

Here are some new and updated all fruit patterns for you dirt lovers to check out. These recordings were done using MAME .220 and the Rev 2 romset (digdig).The dip-switches are set for medium difficulty, 3 lives to start and extras at 10k,40k and every 40k. These patterns should work on any of the Atari/Namco romsets as long as you match the difficulty.

If everything goes right you can score around 553,300 points by the end of round 31 without any other excessive dirt digging.

Rounds 1-11

Dig Dug All Fruit Patterns Playlist
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9-mbVLOE1xcIJ628a1lUO4alXACx54pj

Edited by jerkyspace
update
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jerkyspace said:

Here are some new and updated all fruit patterns for you dirt lovers to check out. These recordings were done using MAME .220 and the Rev 2 romset (digdig).The dip-switches are set for medium difficulty, 3 lives to start and extras at 10k,40k and every 40k. These patterns should work on any of the Atari/Namco romsets as long as you match the difficulty.

If everything goes right you can score around 553,300 points by the end of round 31 without any other excessive dirt digging.

Rounds 1-11

Dig Dug All Fruit Patterns Playlist
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9-mbVLOE1xcIJ628a1lUO4alXACx54pj

excellent as always, i don't think i can get the timing right.

but its amazing, even getting the fruit on the 2nd rock drop at the end of some of the levels.

master playbacks.. 

later

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I dont know if you would find this interesting, But I got the see the proto namco dig dug cocktail that was shipped to atari so they could build their USA releases. Cool little piece of history. If I can, I will try to find pics of it. I know the atari engineer who now has it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mr.bill said:

I dont know if you would find this interesting, But I got the see the proto namco dig dug cocktail that was shipped to atari so they could build their USA releases. Cool little piece of history. If I can, I will try to find pics of it. I know the atari engineer who now has it.

Nifty!

Are there any differences between it and the Atari version other than the ones we already know about?

• Like 1

Its supposed to be the same. the namco version of the pcb I think is layed out a little differently.  The namco cocktail looks cool. I was with a fellow collector picking up a few games. I got the proto rush 2049 from the programmer. My buddy got the rest of the games. but the programmer was keeping the cocktail. I found out at cax he was keeping it for another atari employee.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I loved dig dug it was the cutest game ever.. i always wanted a stuffed dig dug.. then i hear of people into INFLATION in the '10s and that scarred me.. could not play dig dug for about a year.. 

Funny thing,,, nintendos shop called dig dug 'THE CHAMPION OF LOVE AND JUSTICE' i find that hilarious..

• 2 weeks later...