Jaguar HSC_SEASON 13_ROUND 2

Rick Dangerous

post-38373-0-72058300-1536593028_thumb.jpg

Jaguar HSC__SEASON 13__ROUND 2

(Round Over Sunday 9/23/18) ROUND CLOSED

51TBS5V7X2L.jpg

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Checkered Flag

- Select the track "Sunset Strip" the settings must be at Daytime and Practice Mode (Any car customization is up to the player) Race until you achieve your fastest lap and submit it here (I recommend putting it on 99 laps--When you finish practice mode, it won't display your track times; Take a picture of your fastest lap prior to the mode ending).

***Special for this round: You can use the "Steering Patch Edition" of this game if you have access to it.*** Yes this is not fair, but it's free and readily available.

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/282235-jaguar-hsc-season-11-rules-regs-and-scoring/ It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. icon_smile.gif

Checkered Flag Times:

1. Eltigro 0:18:0 +10

2. masematte 0:18:4 +8

3. Isgoed 0:27:5 +6

4. travistouchdown 0:27:9 +4

5. Darrin9999 0:28:5 +2

6. NIKON 0:28:9 +1

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:

1. 1,698,324 Isgoed (10 points) +6 16

2. 599301 Masematte (8 points) +8 16

3. 492104 Eltigro (6 points) +10 16

4. 179625 Darrin9999 (4 points) +2 6

5. 96281 NIKON (2 points) +1 3

6. 77555 travistouchdown (1 point) +4 6

7. 35,025 jblenkle (1 point) 1

Edited by travistouchdown

Pretty good score on this one I think... I'm playing on an emulator with my XBox One controller, so hopefully that isn't too much of a stray from the rules...

This is my first time playing this... the steering is definitely... different... this game is good at conveying a sense of speed, though. I really felt like that car was zipping along.

Anyway, my best time was 18 seconds flat. I'm betting I won't best this. I got that same time (or very close) three times. All three laps were with the throttle down the entire time and without running off the road or hitting a wall or anything.

post-21069-0-69494200-1536799017_thumb.jpg

Is anybody of you using the Steering Patch Edition?

I plan to!! Probably won't help me get anywhere close to 18 seconds, but i'm going to try! I actually have a cart made up with the steering patch attached to the ROM, so I will be playing it on a real Jaguar.

Great times everyone!

• Like 1

Heh, I actually looked for one that said anything about a steering patch, but didn't see anything. I'll say this, for some reason, when I tried playing it right after installing, it was very jumpy... like it was stuttering or low frame rate or something. I didn't change anything other than plugging in my Xbox One controller, and when I started playing it this time, it seemed to smooth out. So if something changed, it was not done intentionally.

I'll try to dig into settings and make sure something's not turned on that shouldn't be. I don't mind being a loser, but I don't want to be a cheat. ;-) But, I would think that if the game is sped up, then the timer would speed up, too, wouldn't it? I guess it would mess with timing some, or if it ran slower (or faster) it might mean reaction time is less (or more) of a factor...

Maybe it's the green car...

Also, I'm surprised it ran at all. Back when I first downloaded the emulator (retroarch running through launchbox), the only Jag game I could get to run was Cannon Fodder. Honestly, I'd much rather have the actual cart.

The steering patch is available on the reboot website. I think the benefit is so marginal that it would be hard to call it cheating. Unless all of us using the patch started to win! That's why this round of the high score club is a bit of an experiment. I will figure something out with points to be those fair to those not using the patch if the top three people all use it, but like I mentioned I don't think it will wind up being an issue.

0,27,5 no patch, Pal mode.

post-6068-0-48412800-1537566492_thumb.jpg

This is a flawless run, but not a perfect line, I think :)

So I wondered, how are the other contestants (you know who you are) doing rounds under 20 seconds, as that's just not possible?

I even searched the track for shortcuts...... but I found the answer! :-D

In NTSC mode the game really flies, but is also more difficult to control the car.

Anyway, it's the NTSC mode that let's the player get those fast times.

I will try if I can manage to set these fast times also, but I find it difficult thus far.

Edited by Isgoed

@isgoed , I never play a unmodded Pal Jag , so I only now 60 Hz Pal or NTSC . And the answer is, dont use the break. and then you made it in the 2nd or more Round, but never in the first round :-) And I know that you post a better time :-)

I doubt that I can achieve a better time than you or Eltigro :)

There are several Jaguar games that play better/nicer at 50Hz. imo, so I use both modes.