IGNORED

Building a new //e!

DistantStar001

So this is something of a byproduct from my attempts to fix my grandfather’s //e. In scrounging all the parts I needed for repairs, I’ve ended up with something of a surplus. So I thought to my self, why not build another //e?

I now have 3 extra motherboards (2 work), 2 extra 80 column cards, 3 extra Disk II cards, an extra parallel printer card, a case, and the innards of two power supplies. I still need a keyboard, and something to put one of my power supplies in… Which brings me to my first question: what should I put my power supply in? Does anyone have a suggestion as to what would make or where I could find a suitable encasement? Note, I haven’t even tested these to see if they work, so I may have some questions about that later.

Edited by DistantStar001

Thanks, but I'm actually looking for an enclosure for the power supply itself. At the moment, all I have are two PCB boards, and all the all the other wonderful innards (capacitors, transformers, and so forth). One of the boards is badly burnt on two components, and there's some bulging on a few of the capacitors (I'm assuming that it needs a good recap and a replacement for the two components that burned out), the other is more or less intact, but has a loose wire that needs to be soldered down. Given the burn marks, I'm reluctant to use a wood case, especially on an untested supply. Also, without an enclosure, there's no place to mount a plug or the on/off switch, since those are missing on both supplies.

I already have a case for the computer, and it's in pretty good condition. It's a newer case, not a platinum, but usable none the less. As for the keyboard, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, but I do have a couple of leads.