IGNORED

Champ Games - Wizard of Wor Arcade - 2600

johnnywc

On 2/9/2020 at 12:40 AM, chewy said:

i noticed on the update before last when i last rocked this (which i will again soon)- that it only works w/ joystick and not Sega controller.  I was wondering if that was intentional, since most games usually are compatible w/ both- its forces me to use the joystick, and hey, out of ALLLLLLLL atari games, **THIS** prob is the one i prob most should be playing w/ my dusty ol Tac-2 joystick-- so yea just wondering k!

Hello there!

Hmmm, we have tested Wizard of Wor Arcade with many controllers, including the Sega Genesis pad, and it worked well in all our tests.  Are you seeing any messages on startup that may indicate the issue?  We do have auto-detection routines for the QUADTARI (not available yet) that may be causing an issue with Sega Genesis pad detection.

Any info is appreciated!

1 hour ago, johnnywc said:

Hello there!

Yes, we are planning on selling a retail version of the ROM sometime in the near future on our website (www.champ.games) and/or right here on Atari Age. :) 

Also, please consider offering a no-box option...and soon. Mappy took almost year!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, StephenJ said:

Also, please consider offering a no-box option...and soon. Mappy took almost year!

Hello there!  I understand your desire about having a no-box option.  @Albert at Atari Age makes all decisions based on whether to offer a no-box option, and that is usually determined by how many boxed copies are sold so he has an opportunity to recoup some of the investment needed to print a boxed version at a reasonable price.  Hopefully if WoW sells well enough he'll be able to offer a no-box version sooner than later! ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/29/2020 at 9:52 AM, CrazyChris said:

I'd gladly pay for a ROM.  :thumbsup:

On 6/25/2020 at 8:03 AM, TapperP said:

This game looks amazing! I cannot believe what people can do on the 2600.

Thank you!

On 6/25/2020 at 8:03 AM, TapperP said:

In fact I just bought a 2600 again yesterday after not having one for many, many years, and would love the option to buy a rom of this incredible game to use on a Harmony cart.

@Albert is currently finishing up a feature that will allow developers to see their ROMs right here on AtariAge that should be available soon! :thumbsup:  

• Like 6

• 5 months later...

A teensy bit late to the discussion, but think I made a cool discovery. If you leave the game on for an extended period of time, the worriors will both be gone and  one or two of those blue baddies will be running around the maze at top speed.  It seems like one of the blue baddies escapes, too, leaving his buddy to traverse the demo screen in perpetuity. 

Edited by McCallister
Words matter. I used the wrong ones.

1 hour ago, McCallister said:

A teensy bit late to the discussion, but think I discovered another bug. If you leave the game on for an extended period of time, the worriors will both be gone and  one or two of those blue baddies will be running around the maze at top speed.  It seems like one of the blue baddies escapes, too, leaving his buddy to traverse the demo screen in perpetuity. 

Sounds like a cool feature! :cool: :D  Can you remind me, what was the other bug?  My memory is failing me... :roll:;) 

• 1 month later...

Hello all!

Champ Games is happy to announce that the QuadTari is now available for pre-order over at the Bite The Chili Productions webpage!

For those who don't know, the QuadTari is an adapter developed by Nathan Tolbert ( @gauauu ) and Champ Games that allows you to connect up to 4 joysticks to your Atari 2600 (for QuadTari compatible games)!  You can also use to to hook up 2 joysticks to 1 port, freeing up the other port for an AtariVox or Savekey.  Wizard of Wor Arcade supports the QuadTari and allows you to do just this; connect two joysticks to the left joystick port and an AtariVox to the right port for 2 player co-op with voice! :D 

There are other Champ Games that support or will support the QuadTari, as well as Nathan T's own "QuadGames":

Available now:

• Wizard of Wor Aracde: supports 2 joysticks with AtariVox/Savekey for 2 player co-op with voice and high score saves.
  • Galagon: supports 2 joysticks and Atarivox/Savekey for 2 player alternating and co-op and high score saves.
  • Zoo Keeper: supports 2 joysticks and Atarivox/Savekey for 2 player alternating and high score saves.

Available in 2021:

• RobotWar:2684:
    • supports 2 joysticks and AtariVox/Savekey for 1 player with 2 joysticks (1 to move and 1 to fire), plus high score saves.
    • supports 4 joysticks for 2 player co-op, each with 2 joysticks (1 to move, 1 to fire)
  • Gorf Arcade: supports 2 joysticks and Atarivox/Savekey for 2 player alternating and high score saves.
  • Lady Bug Arcade: supports 2 joysticks and Atarivox/Savekey for 2 player alternating and vs. mode plus high score saves.

Other games:

• Champ Sports Baseball will support 4 player (2 players on each team), plus 2 player with high score saves.

If you're interested, head on over to BTC and check it out! :D 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

QUADTARI WORLD DEBUT!

ZeroPage Homebrew will be playing Wizard of Wor Arcade with TWO PLAYER SIMULTANEOUS PLUS ATARIVOX using Nathan Tolbert's brand new four joystick adapter, the QuadTari on tomorrow's (Fri Feb 12, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

912127078_20210212-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.639b4fb66a272e57ad2f9e9acf0aabdd.jpg

Note: Lady Bug Artwork not official!

• Like 2