IGNORED

Defender of the Crown and Treasure Island Dizzy Arrive on the Jaguar!

Albert

Albert, is there going to be a box-less version of Dizzy after the initial 250 run is out?

Unlikely, our agreement is to make 250 copies of the game. It's possible we could come to an agreement to sell more, depends on how well the games sell. But for now we are just planning on the 250, so I would not count on more being made.

..Al

• Like 2

And only yesterday my partner was asking me what I would like for Christmas and as if by magic this turns up today... Only problem is those import charges to the UK when the little green label says $130!... Maybe payment of import charges can be part of my Christmas present too - I can but ask her ;-)

Great work though getting the licences for these - especially Defender of the Crown.

Im in the UK- would it be cheaper if we ordered together and halved the custom fees or do they go up as the cost does? Eg is it cheaper putting two separate orders of 60 then 70 than 130 in one go? Or would it be cheaper ordering two sets for 260 and halving the customs costs? Just thinking ?

Im in the UK- would it be cheaper if we ordered together and halved the custom fees or do they go up as the cost does? Eg is it cheaper putting two separate orders of 60 then 70 than 130 in one go? Or would it be cheaper ordering two sets for 260 and halving the customs costs? Just thinking

I can tell you it will be considerably more expensive for shipping to order two games separately versus ordering two at a time. The shipping will be the same, $23.50, whether you order one or two games. As far as two sets (four games total) that would definitely push it into the next tier, which would be $36, so, $9 per game just for shipping (which is better than the $12 per shipping per game for two copies).

Can't speak to customs charges, though.

..Al

I can tell you it will be considerably more expensive for shipping to order two games separately versus ordering two at a time. The shipping will be the same, $23.50, whether you order one or two games. As far as two sets (four games total) that would definitely push it into the next tier, which would be $36, so, $9 per game just for shipping (which is better than the $12 per shipping per game for two copies).

Can't speak to customs charges, though.

..Al

cheers Albert. Just attempted to do a funds appraisal ? with Christmas coming up and Gazs st releases too I think Ill probably just order Dizzy. I do think its a good idea for us UK fans to maybe have some sort of conflagration about synchronising orders though so we can share the customs fees in the future. For example- I know Ill be ordering your new release next year and Im sure others in UK would.

Thanks again

• Like 2

Thank you for the info on the postage, that is hugely helpful to know. I know with Piko's 1st release Custodian they sold some through telegames uk, but the prices were not hugely different to UK price versus USA price with postage (assuming customs fees could be avoided)... Flappy Mcfur was cheap for postage too, and was a cheap game to buy on its first run - postage wise $23 for two games is not a bad price... I had a some games from USA last year where contents were valued at $250 and box value in customs form did have full value of contents in it and it cost me £48... So I guess if 4 are bought in one box then customs fee to pay will be very similar to that... I think there's a mandatory Handling fee then the percentage price... Although many times I have been lucky and customs value on green form has been put at a lower value/gift, or it has been ignored when item has come in to UK... Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't!

These are great releases!

Do the games run at the same speed as on the ST, or is there a increase/decrease in speed?

DotC is essentially a turn based strategy game... so... unless you press the options quicker ;) (However it does 'load' a hell of a lot faster than from floppy!)

The other is the same speed, because otherwise it wouldn't be playable.

• Like 4

A quick video showing the state restore system in Treasure Island Dizzy.

Before a tricky situation, press #+1 on the number pad. A chime will sound to indicate the current state of the game has been taken (This will not survive a power cycle!)

If you then play on, and subsequently die, you can press #+3 on the number pad, at which point a different chime will sound to indicate restore, and you will be back where you were, all snug in your shell.

As an added feature, the OPTION key toggles UP/Button A for jump, depending on your tastes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMmfvggElEs

• Like 7

It does make the game a lot more enjoyable! I ran it past Philip Oliver before implementing, and he said it was a good idea due to the Snorkel Dropping Problem :)

It can't be understated just how delighted i was to read the above post.

It's something that makes the game that much more welcoming to likes of myself and others who grew up with it in our younger days and had to push through the frustrations :-D

But also it really captures the community spirt of these releases.

Working so closely to some real industry legends there and making suggestions to improve the experience now you have the chance,so people really get chance to enjoy the game, adding extra control options..

That's very commendable.

I'm still in awe that Defender Of The Crown has been ported.

That was 1 of the ST games that a mates cousin had when he came down on holiday and showed us C64 owners what the next generation looked and sounded like...

It will always remind me of my Atari days.

Damn it guys..take a bow here, you've done yourselves and the community bloody proud..you really have.

• Like 4