IGNORED

Need an address in Europe

King Asmo

Are there any European collectors (preferablly in Germany), who would be willing to have games shipped to them, and then forward them to me in Canada (for a fee, of course).

Why I ask, is, I like to buy items from eBay Germany.. the problem is, a lot of the sellers will only sell to people in Europe or Germany.. even if I ask them nicely to consider shipping to Canada. I'm missing out on a lot of good auctions because of my address.

Why do Germans do this? If you like on eBay, the auctions where they're willing to ship Internationally go for 2-3 times what the "Germany Only" ones do. Is the extra inconvience really not worth getting double or triple the money? It boggles the mind.

P.S. Pitfall Harry.. if you're reading this, could you please e-mail me sometime RE: our trade.

Cheers,

KA

quote:

Originally posted by King_Asmo:

Why do Germans do this? If you like on eBay, the auctions where they're willing to ship Internationally go for 2-3 times what the "Germany Only" ones do. Is the extra inconvience really not worth getting double or triple the money? It boggles the mind.

For some Germans there is a language barrier, and payment may be an issue as well. But it's a general thing I guess. Just look at the large number of "will ship to USA only" auctions on Ebay.com. And I've noticed the number has been going up since Sept 11...

I don't get it either btw, there's some great opportunities for sellers and buyers around the world, but some sellers just don't want to seize'em

Cheers,

Marco

I don't get it either btw, there's some great opportunities for sellers and buyers around the world, but some sellers just don't want to seize'em

I suppose I don't notice the U.S. only ones as much, since I live in the U.S. half the year, and Canada the other half.

It is kind of strange, tho.. I mean, the more bidders you have in an auction, the higher the price will go.. it's not rocket science.. I'm surprised people don't realize that. All my auctions are international, and I've met some great people through them.. most notably Vidar from Norway. (I can still taste the chocolate he sent).

Or maybe I just notice the German one more, because my Danish girlfriend likes to have any excuse to make fun of Germans.

I always thought that Austrians make jokes about Germany and the world makes jokes about Austria. Hmmm.

The most Germans don`t speak english. So they don`t ship outside Germany.

By the way i never tried an auction from USA or Britain because I don`t know how to share the payment.

cu, Spaceball

Thanks Günther.. I'll e-mail you in a couple days about the specifics (I'm in the middle of exams at university right now).

My idea was basically that I'd find someone in Germany who I could have my eBay winnings shipped to... then every couple months or so, they could be repackaged in a larger box, and shipped en masse to me in Canada (like I said, for a fee, of course). The bonus is, if the person doing this for me was a 2600/SMS fan, they could play all the games that I've won.

• 2 weeks later...