CENTIPEDE

post-34056-0-86871100-1538231348.png

Settings: Standard

Contest Ends Midnight (PST)

October 21th 2018

Bonus: Play on Expert

Welcome to another season of the Atari 7800 HSC

This season will comprise of the following

1. Rounds will be three weeks in length Points will be 25 for top score descending to 1 for bottom....bonus points are 11 points for top score descending to 1 for bottom.

2. Games will follow the format of retail then homebrew

3. Introducing the Player Challenge...see below for details

4. This is all for fun....please abide by all common sense rules

Player Challenge guidelines

1. all players will be afforded 5 points in which to wager with during the current round...only 5 points per round.

2. You must post a current game score before any challenges are initiated

3. All challenges will be played on the expert level of said game

4. If the current game does not have difficulty levels then I will leave it up to the players to decide what game to play however it cannot be a game that has already been played and must be outside of the 7800 game list..meaning a A8 game or 2600 game or a jaguar game etc. Both players MUST agree on the game chosen.

5. You may challenge as many players as you want but remember you only have 5 points per round to bet with.

6. Winner of challenges will net all points that were wagered meaning Player A bet 3 points and Player B accepts the challenge then Player B wins the challenge then Player B will be awarded 6 points added to there current standings.

7. Challenges last until the current round is over.

8. Both players MUST post that they are challenging each other.

format for Challenge...Player A: I challenge Player B...Player B: I accept...then both players will wager points..then both players will posts their scores...Challenge Score: xxxxxx.

9 Challenge scores are separate from the current rounds game and will not be in leau of a normal rounds score.

10. If there is no answer to a challenge then there is no challenge points awarded.

11. If a challenge is accepted and only one player posts a score then the player who posts a score wins by default...no exceptions.

Let's have some fun and GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!

Current Scores

Dr Moocowz 129111 +25

LidLikesIntellivision 116057 +24

oyamafamily 66434 +23

Jin 57120 +22

BydoEmpire 41335 +21

S.BAZ 34295 +20

atomickneedrop 30356 +19

NIKON 29771 +18

troff 27660 +17

toiletunes 21539 +16

Mangia-Boy 18567 +15

Bonus Scores:

LidLikesIntellivision 51586 +11

Dr Moocowz 43494 +10

Jin 34511 +9

oyamafamily 30524 +8

SBAZ 30197 +7

BydoEmpire 26816 +6

toiletunes 22149 +5

NIKON 11361 +4

atomickneedrop 9496 +3

Challenge Scores:

Challenge between Jin and LidLikesIntellivision for 5 points each.

LidLikesIntellivision 43523

Jin....53750 +5

Current Standings:

Jin 36

LidLikesIntellivision 36

Dr Moocowz 35

oyamafamily 31

BydoEmpire 27

S.BAZ 27

NIKON 22

atomickneedrop 21

toiletunes 21

troff 17

Mangia-Boy 15
Edited by NIKON
  • Like 2

If you challenge me with a 7800 game in the first 2 weeks of any round, I will accept it! icon_smile.gif

If current game does not have difficulty levels then I will accept any challenge in the first 2 weeks if the game rom is available for the 2600, Intellivision or Nes.

I will accept challenges up to my 5 points, in the order of posted challenges. I will not accept or make any challenge in the last week.

According to this HSC rules (as I understand it), you can only challenge me after you and I have posted scores.

1) 116,057

post-32348-0-86040600-1538237993_thumb.jpg

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision

Should I post a score from the challenge (in this round - same game on expert) to be challenged or to challenge? Or just the normal round game score is needed?

To be clear....Before a challenge can be posted...one must post a score from the round...the bonus points for the rounds will always be on the most difficult level of games that have difficulty levels of expert or the like.

You do not have to be in a challenge to post a bonus point score...these are separate from all other scores and are OPEN to EVERYONE.

Before a challenge score is posted both players must agree to the challenge. If you want to put out a blanket statement to everyone then game on.

Challenge points are added to your Current Standings points....think of this as a way to gain extra points for the season.

I know that there are those who are more skilled at games than others and this is a way to move up in the ranks..

Hope this clears things up for all

Cheers!!!

• Like 1

I think I'll make things more interesting by accepting all incoming challenges.

I also hope to make things faster for 3 reasons:

1. Nobody needs to wait my answer

2. If a player wants to challenge me, be fast or someone else may challenge me betting 5 points.

3. If player A wants to challenge player B, better be fast or player B may challenge me betting his 5 points. icon_smile.gif

Now, since the challenge and bonus are both played on expert. I'm going to hold my expert scores until last week.

Otherwise, it would be easy for anyone to see my struggle with expert score and challenge me with a score I can't beat.

As usual, I won't hold any score for normal game. I like to post every time I have a better score.

"Lid let me tell you what:

I guess you didn´t know it, but I'm a Centipede player too,

And if you'd care to take a dare I'll make a bet with you!

Now you play a pretty good Centipede boy, but give the Devil his due,

I bet a Europad of gold (and all 5 of my challenge points for this round)

Against your soul 'cause I think I'm better than you." ♬

:evil:

"Lid let me tell you what:

I guess you didn´t know it, but I'm a Centipede player too,

And if you'd care to take a dare I'll make a bet with you!

Now you play a pretty good Centipede boy, but give the Devil his due,

I bet a Europad of gold (and all 5 of my challenge points for this round)

Against your soul 'cause I think I'm better than you." ♬

icon_evil.gif

Not soul, not gold Europad.

I'll accept any challenge in NIKON's rules, only up to 5 points per round. No gold Europad and no soul involved!

I remember your centipede skills, you play great! I remember you even had an action figure of centipede. That was cool.icon_thumbsup.gif

If you reformulate the challenge to strictly follow NIKON's rules, I will automaticly accept the challenge!

After a challenge in NIKON's rules, we don't even need to wait my answer, NIKON can put our names under challenging scores.

Not soul, not gold Europad.

I'll accept any challenge in NIKON's rules, only up to 5 points per round. No gold Europad and no soul involved!

I remember your centipede skills, you play great! I remember you even had an action figure of centipede. That was cool.icon_thumbsup.gif

If you reformulate the challenge to strictly follow NIKON's rules, I will automaticly accept the challenge!

After a challenge in NIKON's rules, we don't even need to wait my answer, NIKON can put our names under challenging scores.

Sorry for the confusion, it was a joke based on the lyrics of an old American folk song titled "The Devil Went Down to Georgia". We play for 5 points only, no souls or golden controllers involved. :)

My only question is whether our Expert score for the bonus portion of the round and our score for the Player Challenge can be the same or will we have to submit different scores for the Bonus and Player Challenge?

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

4. If the current game does not have difficulty levels then I will leave it up to the players to decide what game to play however it cannot be a game that has already been played and must be outside of the 7800 game list..meaning a A8 game or 2600 game or a jaguar game etc. Both players MUST agree on the game chosen.

For clarification, does this mean that if the game for this round has an expert setting, then for the challenge we must play that game? So this week to challenge it has to be for Centipede (Expert)?