IGNORED

Borzork

Omega-TI

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed at PRGE (thanks Greg!) that this game runs at a faster speed than all other home console versions. The added speed makes the game more exciting to play.

Is this faster than even the arcade cab? I seem to remember the arcade version being much slower as well?

Awesome port!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

Borzork went 7 months into development to get it pretty near to the arcade including voice. :)

I thought the effort deserved a release in cartridge but it only sold 8 units and got angry some people because they expected a ROM for free. :?

I was somewhat surprised. Anyway after thinking it for a month, here's the ROM for your playing enjoyment. :grin:

No reason to have this resting in my hard drive as I had a great pleasure learning TMS9900 assembler and the nuisances of TI-99/4A hardware and it was an interesting and curious experience in my life. ;)

Thanks!

borzork_7.zip

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Having just bought one (it got here today), I am very happy with it. :) Thank you for doing the programming. As one of the folks trying to ensure the availability of modern homebrew cartridges, I understand the disappointment when a major good piece of software (like yours) doesn't sell at all well. Many of the homebrews sell between 10 and 20 copies, although a few even sell as many as 60 or so, but that seems to be the upper limit. It is unfortunate that a large portion of the community seems to be focused on "free" as the only option for them to buy new software.

The programmers put a LOT of time into each of their projects, the folks who build the cartridges put in a lot of time (and up-front money to buy all of the necessary components), and the online stores take on additional risk by stocking them. I prefer that the programmers see something for their work, so I buy at least one of everything (although I am often the builder, so I try and find ways to make my appreciation known to the programmer in other ways, as they will often find strange little packets from me in the mail, where appropriate to the programmer).

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 6

I thought the effort deserved a release in cartridge but it only sold 8 units and got angry some people because they expected a ROM for free. :?

I was ecstatic to see the Borzork game ported over by you Nanochess. It is by far one of my most enjoyed games on the TI.

Thank you for all your hard work on this game. BTW - Are you still selling cartridges if people want one? If so, how much?

• Like 1

I was ecstatic to see the Borzork game ported over by you Nanochess. It is by far one of my most enjoyed games on the TI.

Thank you for all your hard work on this game. BTW - Are you still selling cartridges if people want one? If so, how much?

It's available from arcadeshopper.com for US$40 https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/nanochess/c/32160107/offset=0&sort=nameAsc]

• Like 1

This looks really excellent but I am having trouble checking it out in emulation. Both Classic99 and Win99/4a Simulator seem to crash when I leave the first room.

I didn't know about this game until I saw your status update today. I may have to pick up a physical copy!

Try it in http://js99er.net it plays everything and with voice ;)