IGNORED

Amiga 500+ Rev 8a mobo W/OUT clock?!

OLD CS1

I was thinking about picking up another 500+ mobo when I came across this eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3234789892631?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=323478989263&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

But note: no clock circuitry. I have never seen such a 500+ board. Are these common?

I have no idea if they are common, but I have the exact same in one of my two Amiga 500´s.

When I first opened it for cleaning I was confused and thought that I had bought an Amiga 500+, but there was Kickstart 1.3 and I came to the conclusion that these were put in Amiga 500´s.

The one with this motherboard inside has a different logo. (The same size as the logo for the 500+ if I am not mistaken)

0AEWY4O.jpg

VFp1mvO.jpg?1

8x3NL4B.jpg?1

That´s all I have on the matter... ;-)

So, what the hell do I have here? An A500 and A500+ in one?? :?

Probably a 500+, just without the clock. I cannot see the marking on your Agnus but I suspect she is the 2MB model.

Yes, it is a 8375.

And apparently it is not a big mystery:

Wiki quote:

"Although officially introduced in 1992, some Amiga 500 Plus units had already been sold (masquerading as Amiga 500 models, and with no prior announcement) during late 1991. It has been speculated that Commodore had already sold out the remaining stocks of Amiga 500s, before the run up to the profitable Christmas sales period. In order to make enough A500s before Christmas, Commodore used stocks of the new 8A revision motherboards destined for the A500+. Many users were unaware that they were purchasing anything other than a standard Amiga 500."

• Like 1