IGNORED

Atari 2600 Ports/Remakes

KevKelley

I have noticed some really good Atari 2600 ports or remakes that have really pushed the console to the limits. I am especially looking forward to the release of Mappy, as I had been a huge fan of the NES Mappy-Land. I am also impressed with MemberAtarian's Choplifter!

I was curious if there were any other games, either original Atari 2600, Emerson, Odyssey, etc. games or even early release NES or Sega games that anyone would want to see as a port?

I personally would love to see the following games attempted on Atari and hope that I can progress with learning programming to where I can take a stab at them:

Qix (multiple platforms)

Sqoon - NES

Jungler - Emerson Arcadia 2001

Beyond Parsec - TI99/4a

Qix is just a personal favorite and I have seen similar 2600 homebrews made, like Jex, that look amazing.

Sqoon is another favorite and watching the little people run out of the building of Choplifter made me think of the people that you must rescue in Sqoon before the whales and made me think that something like this game may be doable.

Playing Jungler, I would think a better version could be made on the Atari that would maintain the fun of the original while having some good fun gameplay.

The last one, Beyond Parsec, has some interesting gameplay and I think would work well on the Atari. I had even considered trying something like that when I was considering game ideas for my first game before opting to try and do Bag Boy.