IGNORED

Chipper

mvirtuale

32 minutes ago, sage said:

ex-Borland C++ Builder.

Omg.. ok i used it quite a lot in the 90s when I actually start learning and coding in C++ (got a trial version in a magazine but it was easy to keep it running forever). At that time visual studio was so much behind and crazy expensive.

So i guess you used the form (dont recall the actual name) that were inherited from delphi?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 3:36 PM, obschan said:

Hi @sage,

I have been out of the loop for a while, have you ever released, even a test version of chipper 2.0 ?

I had a look at the famous http://bjoern.spruck.net/lynx/ but nothing there but 1.7.6.

I am always looking for the best tools around !

Unluckily no. lost a bit the interest to improve or better fix the bugs.

There is a newer version but it is more buggy.

You got me there, I just built the latest version, checked and there's no dedicated export for Lynx songs yet. It's newish and open source so I imagine it won't be long before we get exported data. It normally output's VGM files for most of the FM synths and PSG chips.

I'm super excited about it though, it's really turning out to be a killer tracker so far.

I must say that the furnace tracker is pretty cool. But I have not been able to create anything useful on it yet.

For Wizzy I hope to be able to create similar tunes for Lynx and 7800 by just creating instruments that resemble each other on both platforms.

On 7/25/2022 at 10:37 PM, Linndrum said:

You got me there, I just built the latest version, checked and there's no dedicated export for Lynx songs yet. It's newish and open source so I imagine it won't be long before we get exported data. It normally output's VGM files for most of the FM synths and PSG chips.

I'm super excited about it though, it's really turning out to be a killer tracker so far.

I'm glad you like it!

There is no dedicated VGM export for Lynx, because VGM community took a piss on my proposal and a request for direction.

On my development fork I do have ROM export. But it's not in official branch as Furnace does not have mature infrastructure for ROM exporting yet and I got it through hacking. We have to wait for it. You can see some sample export for example here (but it requires real hardware and even Felix can't handle it propely).

Eventually I'll try to write some reasonable driver to play songs from Furnace but it will be hard.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 9:51 AM, laoo said:

I'm glad you like it!

There is no dedicated VGM export for Lynx, because VGM community took a piss on my proposal and a request for direction.

On my development fork I do have ROM export. But it's not in official branch as Furnace does not have mature infrastructure for ROM exporting yet and I got it through hacking. We have to wait for it. You can see some sample export for example here (but it requires real hardware and even Felix can't handle it propely).

Eventually I'll try to write some reasonable driver to play songs from Furnace but it will be hard.

There's always some people that have bad attitude about anything. You could be giving away a million dollars and still get "Dollars suck due to inflation and Bitcoin is a better alternative, I don't see the point..." I've pulled your fork and I look forward to it! Thanks for letting us know.

@Linndrum I now see that I haven't actually pushed that branch with ROM export to the repository.

On the other hand maybe it would be worth discussing whether to add an option to the Furnace configuration to enable "unofficial" VGM export. Lynx export could be enabled this way and there would be a standalone converter VGM -> LNX.

• Like 1