IGNORED

Dan Kitchen's new game - Gold Rush

insertclevernamehere

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 9:49 PM, D Train said:

??? I gotta say, I joined the newsletter right away to keep up on what was going on with Goldrush, but unsubscribed a couple months ago because for the last year, all I've really got are these non-updates and notices of public appearance schedules at conventions.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2020 at 10:49 PM, D Train said:

I guess whole "targeting the end of the year" went out the window on this one.

Funny, with the pandemic on, and no conventions to attend because they are all cancelled, you would think this would have moved along quicker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Gold Rush had already suffered from several delays, even beforehand, back in 2019, but I think the Covid-19 pandemic pretty much “derailed” the Keystone train for a 2020 arrival. But don’t worry, Dan will eventually finish it, even if he has to throw the “Kitchen” sink at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 1:09 AM, GoldLeader said:

I just now found out about this.   Hey,  I can be out of the loop a bit sometimes... (heh)

Just stumbled upon this today too, looks so cool. I guess we got our answer to the "bigger project" he was alluding to tho, as I only found out about Gold Rush when looking up stuff on Circus Convoy :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Just stumbled upon this today too, looks so cool. I guess we got our answer to the "bigger project" he was alluding to tho, as I only found out about Gold Rush when looking up stuff on Circus Convoy :D

Yup!  Speaking of,...You might check out this thread here:

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I’m afraid that Audacity may have overestimated the market for new Atari games :(

Normal people are scared of vintage hardware, but they’re also not willing to pay money for rom downloads. They want something that plugs into their modern TV and works. The Retron 77’s middling customer reviews scare people away from that, and there’s just nothing else.

10 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

... and there’s just nothing else.

Actually, the Retron 77 is not an option either. It does not play cartridges at all. It cannot do that by design, as it's a mini computer running an emulator, and emulators don't play cartridges. It might give the illusion of doing so with some games (it's hit and miss) but that trick won't work with Audacity carts anyway. Customer reviews might be more favorable if Hyperkin would stop the false advertising.

• Like 2