IGNORED

Millionaire - winner of the ABBUC SW Contest 2018

MaPa

Found a bug, if you use a 50:50 and then ask the audience on the same question, a lot of the audience will still choose an option which has been ruled out by the 50:50.

Thanks for the report! Interestingly, this case was tested and we did not find the bug as it does not always occur. Fix will follow soon.

• Like 4

I noticed one of the questions asked about the location of a particular key on a keyboard.

This seems like a somewhat silly question to ask when the game itself is being played on

a computer keyboard. You might want to rethink using that one.

I am aware of this and the question is there on purpose. It is quite easy to do a mistake in this question if you're not focused enough, since you may tend to press the letter instead of the correct answer. It is in the easiest tier of questions anyway :)

• Like 7

I am aware of this and the question is there on purpose. It is quite easy to do a mistake in this question if you're not focused enough, since you may tend to press the letter instead of the correct answer. It is in the easiest tier of questions anyway :)

absolutely! remember millionaire isn't always knowledge but also a game of wit!

Edited by _The Doctor__

I am about to load it up and give it a try! It looks like fun! Generally speaking I'm not one for games shows or most game show games. But not because they aren't fun to watch or play, but because they are so brain-liquefyingly addictive I stay clear. But I do like trivia games and the ability to change questions is nice. So I guess I'm about to get addicted and liquefy my brain after all... :-o

That's not going to happen Matt, you need a brain to liquefy it :)

Best ask Mum re the questions :)

Joking aside, I'm normally the same re these sorts of games but if something looks good I'll give it a go and this looks good.....As for the questions....I don't expect to score well in these anyway, I'm one of those mountains of really USELESS trivia, never the stuff that helps or makes cash :)

OK, that makes some sense. Admittedly, I initially had the instinct to do something like that too;

but my initial instinct was overcome by a few extra seconds of thought. I would assume most

people to give questions a second thought too; but apparently some will not, most likely owing

to the fact that the game is being played for points rather than real money. ;)

Edited by MrFish

Found a bug, if you use a 50:50 and then ask the audience on the same question, a lot of the audience will still choose an option which has been ruled out by the 50:50.

Happens on the real show, too ;) Quite frequently someone not paying attention or unable to hit the correct button choses an answer that has already been ruled out by 50:50 (TBH, that usually does not amount to more than 1-2%).

BTW, is the correctness of the audience joker somehow tied to the tier of the question, i.e. is the audience less likely to know the correct answer to the higher ranked questions?

• Like 2

Very polished game, really looks better than what one would suspect the Atari to be capable of and perfectly captures the feel of the show. If you ever upgrade it, some kind of ‚confetti shower‘ for the millionaire answer would be nice.

Looking forward to some user-made question sets. (Can the cart version load question sets from disc?)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Very polished game, really looks better than what one would suspect the Atari to be capable of and perfectly captures the feel of the show. If you ever upgrade it, some kind of ‚confetti shower‘ for the millionaire answer would be nice.

Looking forward to some user-made question sets. (Can the cart version load question sets from disc?)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks! The final winning screen effect has already been added in this past-contest release :-)

• Like 3