IGNORED

HSC15 Round 19 "Abbuc 2018" Ski-It, Kowalsky's Fury, Millionaire, B.B.Blob

Thanks McKong we'll wrap up this round as the next one is a season catch-up along with the poll winner of course! I'm still working on v1.2 of Ski-It I've decided to make a few more changes to improve things, not had as much time as I wanted recently but I will get this out soon !

Ski-it My slalom time was 6:41.7

Good game, plays well, you should be proud. Definitely worth a boxed version for the collectors out there

Here are the final tables:

Ski-It v1.1
>Slalom
trbb 4:00:8 0pts
carlsson 4:56:2 2pts
McKong 6:41:7 2pts
RedThunder 9:59:9 1pt

>Downhill
trbb 3:48:4 0pts
carlsson DNF (3:15:8 ) 2pts
RedThunder 9:59:9 1pt

>Ski-Quest
trbb 6,930 (7) 0pts
carlsson 1,300 (2) 2pts
RedThunder 280 (1) 1pt

Millionaire
RedThunder 2pts +1pt +1pt
slx 2pts
carlsson 2pts
deteacher 2pts

Kowalsky's Fury (servers destroyed)
McKong 7* (217,334) 8pts
deteacher 7* (320,000) 8pts
slx 7* (285,952) 8pts
trbb 7* (242,688) 8pts
skior 7* (195,200) 8pts
carlsson 5 (245,888) 6pts
RedThunder 3 (92,032) 3pts
*completed

Black Bouncy Blob (level reached)
McKong 3 3pts
RedThunder 2 2pts
carlsson 2 2pts
deteacher 2 2pts
trbb 1 1pt

• Like 1

Sadly, another round I did not manage to compete in due to RL commitments. I did have a little go in the last few days but not enough time to get into any of these games.

Ski-It is very impressive, I was particularly fond of the gfx, it's quite beautiful. Gameplay is pretty cool too, one gripe I had was an inconsistent jumping - sometimes I'd clear two logs with no problems and then fail on single one 3 times in a row. Could be me, but I felt it was a bit off.

Also, the scoring is a bit puzzling - do you have to complete the entire game to rank anything different than 9:50? I managed to complete the first round of Slalom (4:34) but then the next round came and I ended up dying.

• Like 1

Sadly, another round I did not manage to compete in due to RL commitments. I did have a little go in the last few days but not enough time to get into any of these games.

Ski-It is very impressive, I was particularly fond of the gfx, it's quite beautiful. Gameplay is pretty cool too, one gripe I had was an inconsistent jumping - sometimes I'd clear two logs with no problems and then fail on single one 3 times in a row. Could be me, but I felt it was a bit off.

Also, the scoring is a bit puzzling - do you have to complete the entire game to rank anything different than 9:50? I managed to complete the first round of Slalom (4:34) but then the next round came and I ended up dying.

thanks for the comments youxia I sort of like the graphics too, it's not really my area but the mode I've used for my games is at least a bif different - there should be some artifacting on the poles etc too so sometimes they show as blue etc :thumbsup:

Yes I'd screwed up the jumping a bit on v1.1. The jump distance is related to your speed, if you are going too slow you need to go around the logs etc. On Slalom and Downhill both runs need to be completed within the 10 minute time limit and with at least one of your 9 lives left. On Ski Quest mode it's the score for each complete round plus the score from your last life.

SKI-IT v1.2 is well underway and will be more playable all round, I just need more precious Atari time, darn work is getting to be annoying :twisted:

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 10/29/2018 at 6:43 PM, therealbountybob said:

ABBUC Software Contest 2018 Games

Millionaire :thumbsup: - Updated version. Has English and German questions. Create your own questions using The Custom Game Builder!

Also Spanish and Spanish v2 versions. CharlieChaplin's second German question set.

Scoring 2pts for playing. 1pt for each different person you get to play, it's great fun with a few friends. Serious bonus points for anyone creating any questions.

Well, better late than never...

The Abbuc version of Millionaire (which won the 1st place) contains english and german questions. In the topic you linked to, I released a version with german questions only (wrote that in the text!) - but the questions are the same as the Abbuc version (maybe I should have written that also)... I did this, because some (german) Abbuc members wanted a german only version, since they do not understand english at all.

I am still thinking about typing in a second german question set. No, I do not create all these questions myself, instead I am stealing / borrowing them from two board games (one of them is the old german board game version of Millionaire from 1999 which therefore still counts in german marks instead of euro and asks questions that are no longer valid today, like e.g. "Who is the actual James Bond - Pierce Brosnan"). Since the summer holidays are over for me and I have to work on the disks for the Abbuc software contest 2019, maybe I find the time to type in new questions in my winter (xmas) holidays 2019/2020 ?!?

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 1