IGNORED

UPMONSTERS ( homebrew for the Intellivision ) now available

timdu

I am happy to announce that UPMONSTERS, a homebrew for the Intellivision, is now available.

post-291-0-40869200-1541029785.png

Upmonsters was programmed by Chris Read ( AKA "Atari2600land" here on AA )

If you did not know, Upmonsters came in second place in the 2018 IntyBASIC Programming Contest here on AA.

post-291-0-28930000-1541029918.png

Please note that there is not a box nor an overlay for this homebrew game at this time.

It is loose game cartridge and instruction manual only.

It is being sold at the $25 price point. $3 shipping in the USA. $15 for international.
post-291-0-35993100-1541030373_thumb.jpg
I realize I may receive some negative feedback about this. While I understand that the Intellivision community enjoys having professional boxes and overlays,
a decision was made to release this game at a low price point. $25. I have been selling Atari 2600 and Magnavox Odyssey2 homebrew games at this price point
since 2012. I would like to give this a try and see how this game sells in this format. It is taking a chance. Let's give this format a shot!
But who knows... maybe we will be able to sell more games in this type of format.
Marc O. here on AA creates wonderful professional boxes for game. Phil B. here on AA creates overlays for games.
Who knows... maybe at some point these can be optional items for UPMONSTERS for the Intellivision.
For more information and to order a game, please visit the 2600 CONNECTION web site page at:
thank you for your support and... Happy Halloween!
Tim
Edited by timdu
  • Like 17

It's a very cool and addictive game. For those who did not follow the IntyBASIC contest or the development of this game, it's essentially an Intellivision version of Doodle Jump. A bit simpler perhaps, but still lots of fun. It plays very well and can be quite challenging.

I'm glad it is getting released because I thought the game was really well done. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

My plan is to ship the game cartridge wrapped in bubble wrap and the manual inserted between 2 pieces of cardboard. This is how I have been shipping my Atari 2600 and Odyssey2 homebrews.

So I can ship in a box if you prefer. It just may cause the shipping rate to go up just a little. Please send me a PM and we can work it out.

Also my error. If you live in the Great White North ( Canada ), I can do shipping for $10 ( not $15 )

If you like in Mexico, I can do shipping for $12 ( not $15 )

I will fix the web site later today. In the meantime, please send me a PM and I can send a paypal invoice.

thanks,

Tim

My plan is to ship the game cartridge wrapped in bubble wrap and the manual inserted between 2 pieces of cardboard. This is how I have been shipping my Atari 2600 and Odyssey2 homebrews.

So I can ship in a box if you prefer. It just may cause the shipping rate to go up just a little. Please send me a PM and we can work it out.

Also my error. If you live in the Great White North ( Canada ), I can do shipping for $10 ( not $15 )

If you like in Mexico, I can do shipping for $12 ( not $15 )

I will fix the web site later today. In the meantime, please send me a PM and I can send a paypal invoice.

thanks,

Tim

Should work with the cardboard.

• Like 1

(...)

the sandwich of manual between two slices of cardboard sounds good to me too