IGNORED

Legends Flashback FIRMWARE for adding games to SD card

Maybe a prototype that received a upgrade before start sell?

http://www.newteksupply.com/ARCADE-CLASSIC-FLASHBACK-BOOM_p_26309.html

https://alienexpanse.com/index.php?threads/arcade-legends-flashback.3076/

Mine is branded ARCADE LEGENDS FLASHBACK in the top of console, another one I saw from my friend is branded just "LEGENDS FLASHBACK" and screenshots over internet show sometimes "AT GAMES LEGENDS FLASHBACK". Chinese service just rebranding the same stuff? :grin:

Genesis Plus GX (which is the best Genesis emulator around) does not support 32x.

Only Picodrive supports 32x but I've heard some complaints in GBATemp with Picodrive running in the Genesis Flashback 2018 (framerate issues) so I won't create a different update with Picodrive for this hardware.

rmr_md, I dunno if you know the source code for the Flashback Legends is back online:

https://www.atgames.us/pages/credits

They announced a 2.7 update also, but I dont believe neither did it. :D

Another question, to run arcade games in FBA we need to uncompress the zip files from romset and recompress it in 7zip format, running the games in Legends with names like "gamename.7z"?

Thanks in advance!

I've seen the source code, it looks like they are the same cores from Libretro GitHub, and MAME 2003 Plus has different MakeFile to apparently enable different drivers.

You are correct about FBA... need to extract the zip files, and recompress in 7zip format. There a some script in the Internet to automate this task. In my opinion, FBA is only useful for CPS2 games, other games will run very, very slow.

• Like 1

How about Atari 2600 games to run in this setup? Or something cool like Jaguar or 3DO emulator... :grin:

In my opinion the weakest point of the Legends console is the gamelist: that icons are lame, with no option to sort by name or extension, nothing useful and with close 300 pages like we did really is a hard task to find that game we want.

Any possible solution for this? Alphabetical sort is top priority, maybe letting use subdirectories like ARCADE for arcade games, MEGA for MD, etc... or a small game list instead color icons...

Edited by eliofilho

It's my impression that the suggestion of additional emulators has already been firmly dismissed. Capacity issues as I recall, wasn't it?

And while the system itself isn't capable of sorting in alphabetical order, it's easily solvable. Just run your SD card through one of the various programs recommended in these threads to get everything in alphabetical order. I use DriveSort myself.

• Like 2

Thanks for info Atariboy. The questions could appear to be obvious but are not, please remember there is a lot of new users checking this post and all this job is a journey along a unlocked cheap console that can incredibly run a lot of stuff than pretty expensive similar ones!

By the way Drivesoft can be set in different options, whats the best for Legends? Please share your knowledge! ;)

"Long Name", "Logical Long Name", "File Size", "Creation Date", "Access Date" or even "Update Date".

Link to program: http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/

Regards,

Edited by eliofilho

Thanks again Atariboy.

I cant explain myself too much above, but since we have a possible 2.7 update and there are good developers like rmr_md working in these cheap hardware, why not think in open possibilities? The actual firmware cores run greatly MAME, NeoGeo, Genesis, SegaCD, Master and GG. Maybe can we think in another firmware with cores to run 3DO, PCEngine, Atari2600 and beyond this?

Just imagining the possibilities and the odds. I started to think out the box when I see people running Doom in a refrigerator or swatch! :D

:thumbsup:

Edited by eliofilho

How about Atari 2600 games to run in this setup? Or something cool like Jaguar or 3DO emulator... :grin:

It's not possible for the reasons below:

1) This is a dual-core device, and most of these systems will run slow. 3DO and Jaguar run slow even in a Raspberry Pi (Quad-core, more memoryand the HW/SW are super-optimized). I would compare the performance here with a Raspberry Pi zero

2) Capacity, in size (128MB NAND, with 10MB for emulator partition and around 75MB in the rom partition) and "hackability". I'm using a hex-editor to change some strings related to emulators that were not used. There were only 2 "slots", one with a 3 characters extension and other with 2 characters. I've used both "slots" with FBA and MAME 2000

3) Emulator has some weird display setting. I've tried Stella and I can only see a black screen with sound, or with wrong colors, unless I press the menu button. It's like the issue with T-Unit games (MK2), where you can see the screen when you press menu.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

is there something special i have to do to run Segs Genisis roms? Mame games play fine. I may have overlooked it in the comments. New to this and thank you for the amazing support.

Just pop them in a SDcard, all must be .BIN (binary extension) and all names with no spaces, longnames or special chars, just AZ09... and play! ;)

If you want to run SegaCD games too remember to get the BIN disc file (at least first file must be binary) and copy the BIOS files as well.

Example:

Sega CD Jurassic Park Full Disc.bin --> rename it to cdjurassicark.bin or something like it and you´re good to go.

My best hint is to download all files from internet ready as binaries, its easy to find. Then just rename to anything you like and run. A hint: ARCADE game files must remain with original filenames as came in MAME2000 Romset, just remember to keep the binary files compacted it to .ZIP to run in Mame2003 (original from console) or ZIP but renamed to .ZIM to run in Mame2000 (hack from rmr_md) or compacted in .7Z to run in FBA.

Good game! ;)

Edited by eliofilho

• 2 weeks later...

I noted a irritating sound delay in all games all systems in this console during my tests. If any of the options "scanlines" or the "overdrive" is disabled all games just have a annoying 1s sound delay, even the lightest ones like Mega Drive or Master System. Is just a system bug I believe since the delay is present in all games from all systems.

Is there anything we can do, like getting the system lighter deleting cores unused (FBA and Mame2003 for example), tweaking the system or just lets wait for a firmware update from ATGames?

Regards,

This option "overdrive" option would improve flickering but I don't have any idea what it's really does.

I always keep it enabled and the menu music disabled, and while there is some delay in the audio, it's not that bad. Another thing I've seen is that PAL games usually have more delay than NTSC games.

• Like 1