IGNORED

Legends Flashback FIRMWARE for adding games to SD card

This is not feasible in both hardware and software levels. HW: there is no analog output, at least easily available. SW: OS is hardcoded to output audio to HDMI.

If you want this level of customization you need to start looking for a Raspberry Pi running Retropie.

14 hours ago, Draxxon said:

83173434_1451892658311369_1935335757048709120_n.jpg

Thank you for the visual... however there is no Firmware version indicated on the "About" screen, the SD card was inserted, the system asked if we wanted to update, selected yes,  ran the update, then asked "do you want to update again?" selected No, then turned the unit off after system returned to home screen.

About screen.jpg

Edited by CLSMITH

I would try a fresh download of the latest Custom firmware image (https://mega.nz/#!c4FHwKxA!Ja5qn8efbmm5H-KGJFue9lzUyHOOr3SNmnobCJvvKTQ) and maybe get a different SD card and try again.

All your steps were done correctly. but new firmware version should show on the about screen and sd card option unlocked when finished.

Only other ideas:

Make sure its a 2018 unit (model #FB8650) and make sure your SD card is compatible and under 16GB or less for the CFW update. After the update, make sure your sd card (32GB or less) has a folder named "Game" with at least on compatible rom in it on the root of the SD Card for the "SD Card" option in the menu to unlock as well as just doing the CFW update.

Hope this helps, bro.

Edited by Draxxon

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the standard edition LFB 2019 got a new firmware update released today. (The deluxe version got one on the 7th)

At a quick glance, it looks like they fixed the 2 jacked-up Super StarWars games, and Donald in Maui Mallard and The Jungle Book now work. They didn't fix the issue with the A and B buttons on NES backups, and you still can't set up the buttons for NES.

Other things I've learned, Only the LFB2019 Deluxe edition has the stella core and can play Atari (.a26) games. The standard 2019 version cannot as its lacking the stella core. Also, there is a limit to how many games you can have in your SD Card game list. Somewhere around 6,000-7,000 games you will load one, but once you back out of it and try to load another it will not load. you will have to restart the system to play another game, but the same thing will happen again.

Edited by Draxxon

Hello everyone.  I bought the LFB 2018 at Walmart last October.  At $11 with an SD card slot I could not pass it up.  I was disappointed not to be able to add the Atari games I wanted to play that had been omitted from the Atari Flashback 8 Gold Activision Edition.  Atari 2600/7800 is nostalgic for me.  Nintendo and definitely Genesis were after my time but I was curious to check it out so I have been adding a game at a time and playing it before moving on to another.  My question is this, I added Lion King for Nintendo and it looks like hell.  Is there any way to to fix this?  I believe it is a PAL game and I am in the US.

Edited by David Reina
solved issue made I inquired about

On 2/3/2020 at 11:53 PM, negative1 said:

No luck getting the 2018 to update.
Put in an SD card, with the img file, and turned it on.

The regular menu came up.

I'm using a 2GB sandisc drive.

Nothing happens, any other things i should try out.

Reformatted the card, and put the files on there.

later

I need some more info to help, bud.
what img file did you use? the official firmware or custom firmware?

if it is official firmware downloaded from the Atgames website, you have to rename the image form "2.8.4.img" to "arcade_update.img"

All the custom firmware works, maybe try a different SD Card. Maybe the SD Card isn't being read. Make sure its formatted correctly and inserted correctly, or maybe you have a defective unit/SD Reader?

Edited by Draxxon

LFB2019 Deluxe got a new firmware update on February 14th (0.1.8). Doesn't appear to be any differences from the standard edition LFB 2019 update on the 12th (0.1.17; Star Wars games, Maui Mallard, and Jungle Book work now, but A and B are still reversed on NES emulation). All the ROM emulation options are still there (NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, Atari 2600), didn't test to see if any new options opened up.

However, there's a 1-second audio lag that I'm pretty sure wasn't there before on console games. It's really obvious on Mega Man 2, for example. (I didn't notice it on arcade games, but it might have been there too.) I'm alerting the support folks, will see what they say.

Also, pretty disappointed to hear that there were versions of the firmware that had the A/B problem on NES fixed, but it's been undone by later firmware...

You put the artwork and the ini file in the rom folder that you generate when you update with the most current CFW AND run the mount and startup files. You will still need to source the roms. I didn't include them. The roms will need to have specific names, just as they appear in the ini file. The officlal ini file is needed for all the game descriptions text and controls.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, JEB1981 said:

LFB2019 Deluxe got a new firmware update on February 14th (0.1.8). Doesn't appear to be any differences from the standard edition LFB 2019 update on the 12th (0.1.17; Star Wars games, Maui Mallard, and Jungle Book work now, but A and B are still reversed on NES emulation). All the ROM emulation options are still there (NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, Atari 2600), didn't test to see if any new options opened up.

However, there's a 1-second audio lag that I'm pretty sure wasn't there before on console games. It's really obvious on Mega Man 2, for example. (I didn't notice it on arcade games, but it might have been there too.) I'm alerting the support folks, will see what they say.

Also, pretty disappointed to hear that there were versions of the firmware that had the A/B problem on NES fixed, but it's been undone by later firmware...

I guess I will leave mine alone. I never tried running Jungle Book. I will see if that works. I got a firmware release a while back from AtGames that fixed the two Star Wars games and the Humans. They stopped working when I did an update from the site back in January.

2 hours ago, Krathoon said:

I guess I will leave mine alone. I never tried running Jungle Book. I will see if that works. I got a firmware release a while back from AtGames that fixed the two Star Wars games and the Humans. They stopped working when I did an update from the site back in January.

at this point you might as well update. it fixes jungle book and Donald duck.

The support team sent me an older firmware (v0.1.7), and I'm still having the audio delay. It looks like that problem must have already been there, and I hadn't played enough games to notice.

No one else has had this problem? I tried it on three different TVs and noticed it every time.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, David Reina said:

I think I discovered an issue with the arcade update v2.6 for Legends FB 2018.  When I installed it, I had a bunch of NES and a few Genesis games.  I then added them back and started adding some MAME games.  Now I think adding MAME is my only option. While the Sega games continue to work, and I assume so do the NES games, I can no longer add anything new other than MAME.  After being unable to add Neo Geo I tried SNES and received an error message.  I then went back to what I knew worked - Sega Genesis but now all of a sudden I am getting the same message as I did for the SNES game - an "oops" pop up message and the game never starts.  I have tried 3 or 4 different games.  None work.  I only get a line along the bottom that gives navigation instructions as is usually the case but nothing beyond that.  I think I will have to revert back to the earlier CFW, add what console games I want then upgrade when I am ready to add or play MAME again.  I realize most of you have probably not encountered this since most of you probably add everything at once but I add things one at a time.  If I can avoid rolling back and upgrading again let me know what the solution is.  If my idea of rolling back, adding, then upgrading won't solve the problem I'd like to know that too.  Thanks.

Disregard.  Problem solved.  I found a working ROM.  I never experienced so many different sources with so many different ROMS all not working at the same time.  BTW, how do you delete messages on here?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I am complete noob to this and my question/help needed has probably already been answered but can someone plz help? I have the 2019 version (100 games). Is it possible to add nes or Genesis games (ROMs) if so, how exactly? I haven't updated the firmware at all, and the sd card option is greyed out to where I cannot even click on it on the main menu. Somebody plz help, and if any of this is possible plz give step by step directions? Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I tried to work with the AtGames support staff to figure out the audio delay problem, recorded and sent them video, tried it on other TVs in my house, tested older firmware they were nice enough to send me (on the off chance older versions had the sound right), and even offered to be the guinea pig for testing possible fixes. But they couldn't replicate the problem at their end, and eventually stopped trying. (My suspicion is that the TV they're testing on is actually stuck in PAL mode, even though it's supposed to have a NTSC setting. Might also explain the issues with Maui Mallard and Jungle Book, and why past AtGames consoles have also had sound issues.)

Since there may be no official solution forthcoming, does any of the custom firmware fix the audio delay? I suspect it's something that can be fixed by tweaking the emulator settings, but I'm no expert.

13 hours ago, JEB1981 said:

Update: I tried to work with the AtGames support staff to figure out the audio delay problem, recorded and sent them video, tried it on other TVs in my house, tested older firmware they were nice enough to send me (on the off chance older versions had the sound right), and even offered to be the guinea pig for testing possible fixes. But they couldn't replicate the problem at their end, and eventually stopped trying. (My suspicion is that the TV they're testing on is actually stuck in PAL mode, even though it's supposed to have a NTSC setting. Might also explain the issues with Maui Mallard and Jungle Book, and why past AtGames consoles have also had sound issues.)

Since there may be no official solution forthcoming, does any of the custom firmware fix the audio delay? I suspect it's something that can be fixed by tweaking the emulator settings, but I'm no expert.

I'm assuming that you have the 100 games version did atgames send you the original version 1.13 firmware? If so can you share it with us no one seems to have that version of the firmware which actually worked the best on my legend's flashback before I updated it to the current firmware which was supposed to increase compatibility but instead made audio delays more noticeable

• 1 month later...