IGNORED

Legends Flashback FIRMWARE for adding games to SD card

4 hours ago, pliskron77 said:

I'm trying to add games after modding the LFB but for the life of me I can't figure out where to find or how to convert to a .zmsx file

Here's a link to a file on archive org that will give you 16GB worth of games to install on your modded LFB. Everything from Atari 2600 to Arcade games to MSX and other consoles.

https://archive.org/details/lufbdec-24-22

You'll probably want a 32GB SD or MicroSD card to put these on and then install in your Legend Flashback.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 8:28 AM, PeterPavol said:

Hello. I just bought Legends Flashback 100. The version I received is Fb8660B, firmware v1.0.2 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-KVg0XTGVaFis_g2OE3k37gyScYRvWdf/view). Most of the games (82) are recorded on the included SD card as SD.img. So far, I have also managed to run SNES games (.fig) and SEGA (.bin + BIOS_CD) from the SD card. I tried NES - but .nes and .dat didn't work either.

SD.img 41.34 MB · 164 downloads

Can you do me a favor and see if SNES street fighter alpha 2 .fig (rom) works on system from SD card via GAME 📁.

Also super props 😎 and shout out to magnusfalkirk for hooking up my Legends Flashback 50 Games with Ultimate Custom Firmware Hack for almost 40 systems and 40,000 games 💜 

Perhaps in future Drax can get make Ultimate Custom Firmware Hack revision 0.2 with Playstation 1 (2d like Castlevania SOTN with ) and Mame2000 or Mame2003Plus (2d games like Street Fighter Alpha 2 with ) roms to work on it too like video below shows @ 5:41

Edited by T.O.
Added Rare YouTube video

On 12/28/2018 at 9:51 AM, rmr_md said:

This update is good...

Some changes I've seen in my 5 minutes run:

+ Version updated to 2.6, using the same emulators and romset as 2.3

+ Bezels are fixed

+ Added supported to load NES ROMs from SD Card with .dat extension - you just need to rename .nes to .dat

+ Sega CD games works. the first track should be a .BIN file and the BIOS files should be in the GAME directory

+ Emulation seems to be improved, I haven't seen an issue I had with QuickNES and Sega CD games play faster

Is it possible you or somebody can post this 2.6 firmware that fixes in game errors like sound of Capcom games plus add SD card support? Edit: nevermind found your 2 custom versions here 2.6v2 and 2.8oc

https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-firmware-for-atgames-legends-flashback-with-support-for-arcade-games.527550/

Edited by T.O.

Do I need to install official update on page 1 first to see SD card on menu, then 2.6 then install 2.8 on my 2018 unit or can I go right to 2.8 after update on page 1? Will 2.8 mess up Nes buttons? And with 2.8 I get overclock, .fig SNES, .dat NES, .bin Genesis and Sega CD, and what else Mame 2000 can run street fighter alpha 2? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.  Been over 3 years since I posted on this subject and I am glad to see some of us are still contributing to this topic because I have two questions.

1. The version of firmware I am using has the following filename - arcade_update_v2.6_fba_mame_williams_enabled.zip is there something newer and if so what are the pros and cons (if any) of the newer version?

2. I added several arcades games probably back in 2020 and played them fine.  Never came back to them until today.  Now I cannot find a way to get pass the insert coin message.  When I first load the rom I see along the bottom that I need to press "start" button followed by pressing the down button but nothing happens.  Why and how to I fix it?

I tried all sorts of combinations.  Start followed by the up arrow brings up the menu to save, resume and quit.  Start right arrow brings up a key configuration option.  The start left and most importantly, start down has no effect.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, T.O. said:

There is a 2.8 overdrive hackware now on gbatemp forum, for Mame games press down + start I think for coins, but I'm sure others can give you more accurate info. Hope you were talking about 50 game version.

Thanks for the tip.  I will keep 2.6 for now since I am afraid a change can lead to even more loss of functionality.  If I learn what improvements are made over the 2.6 I may just upgrade to solve the problem.  If you have the link to where on that forum 2.8 appears, please share it with me so I can take a look.  It is just odd that 3 years ago it worked and now it no longer does.  I never made any changes since I played them.  And yes, I am talking about the 50 game version (model no. FB8650).

4 hours ago, T.O. said:

You solved my problem.  Thank you.  While I did not download the firmware, in the post it is said that I have to press the menu button twice to bypass the insert coin requirement.  I must have known that way back when but at this point I was guided by what I saw on screen which said to press start and the down arrow.  Pressing the menu button twice did allow me to play a game.  Thanks again.

Edited by David Reina
  • Like 1

May I ask step by step how your Arcade Roms work, is it Mame2000 zim roms or FBA 7zip rom. Because I have no idea how to get sfa2 7zip to run on 2.6 firmware maybe I make samples 📁?

Edited by T.O.
2.6 firmware

22 hours ago, T.O. said:

May I ask step by step how your Arcade Roms work, is it Mame2000 zim roms or FBA 7zip rom. Because I have no idea how to get sfa2 7zip to run on 2.6 firmware maybe I make samples 📁?

All the trouble shooting I did to get everything working was back in 2020.  At this point I do not remember anything.  However, over the weekend when I realized I was having trouble bypassing the insert coin request, I noticed that I had compiled a cheat sheet back when I was trying to get everything working.  I noted several things a few of which concerned the arcade roms and I will share those notes with you below.

1. No games can have spaces in their filenames
2. Arcade games cannot be renamed and must be sourced from either the MAME 0.37b5 rom set or FBA v0.2.97.39 rom set.

4. Extensions must be .dat for NES., .bin for Genesis and Sega CD, .zim for Mame, .7z for FBA, .fig for SNES.

8. All files must be stored in a directory (folder) named GAME

9. NES, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Master, SNES, Neo Geo, Game Gear, Mame 2000 (0.37b5) and FBA games are supported using CUSTOM firmware by rrifonas/rmr_md version 2.8.4.

I think now that I was mistaken when I initially said I was using 2.6.  I see that I have version 2.8 on my desktop PC along with 2.6 and earlier versions and it looks like it was accessed/modified/created last.  Initially I thought 2.6 had a more recent date than 2.8 now I see that it does not.

I only have 3 arcade ROMS installed.  All 3 work.  2 have a .zim extension.  1 has a .7z extension.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2019 at 9:06 PM, rmr_md said:

No updates, except that I found how to access the device using UART - quite simple actually-, and I could get more information about it. The emulator uses SDL2 and runs over X11 (weird implementation), and I couldn't compile anything that worked correctly (RetroArch).

I have also found that the device is underclocked to 816MHz, while the CPU supports in theory up to 1.5GHz. I could increase the CPU speed to 1.2GHz and the GPU speed from 300MHz to 400MHz, but I didn't have any time to test stability, so no public release. While this would improve framerate and speed for some games, what you currently have is likely the limit for this device. 

I tried the UART on the 2019 model, but need a password to play around with the file system. Any way around this?