IGNORED

Intellivoice Game Phrase List?

First Spear

Hey all. Does a definitive list of all Intellivoice phrases from the original Mattel games exist? I have the below from memory, but not sure what's missing.

B17 Bomber

• Bandits
  • Three
  • Six
  • Nine
  • Twelve
  • O'Clock
  • Got 'em
  • Uh Oh
  • Flak
  • Watch Out
  • Mayday
  • Bombs Away
  • That was on Target
  • Target in Sight

Space Spartans

• Hello Commander Computer Reporting
  • Energy Level
  • One
  • Two
  • Thirds Down
  • Under Repair
  • Battle
  • Tracking
  • Computer
  • On
  • Off
  • Impulse
  • Hyper
  • Drive
  • Damaged
  • Aliens
  • The Battle is Over

Bomb Squad

• The Code
  • Figure Out
  • They'll Never Do It in Time
  • Replace This
  • First
  • Second
  • Third
  • Fourth
  • Fifth
  • Wrong Part
  • Resolder
  • Are you Sure
  • They'll be looking for Us
  • You Did It
  • You're a Hero

Tron Solar Sailer

• Track
  • Get Off
  • One ..... Nine
  • Energy
  • Low
  • High

Thanks.

• Like 2

My understanding is that French, German, and Italian intellivoice and Space Spartans were completed. I'd really like to see a playable french space spartans.

-----------

Check this out.

http://www.beeslife.com/intvlibrary/Intellivoice/intellivoice.htm

Jzintv has a -Vfilename switch that saves intellivoice phrases to wav files.

Edited by mr_me

There's a set of stock phrases built-into the resident ROM of the Intellivoice:

• Mattel Electronics Presents
  • Zero
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four
  • Five
  • Six
  • Seven
  • Eight
  • Nine
  • Ten
  • Eleven
  • Twelve
  • Thirteen
  • Fourteen
  • Fifteen
  • Sixteen
  • Seventeen
  • Eighteen
  • Nineteen
  • Twenty
  • Thirty
  • Forty
  • Fifty
  • Sixty
  • Seventy
  • Eighty
  • Ninety
  • Hundred
  • Thousand
  • -Teen
  • -Ty
  • Press
  • Enter
  • Or
  • And
  • Like 4

My understanding is that French, German, and Italian intellivoice and Space Spartans were completed. I'd really like to see a playable french space spartans.

-----------

Check this out.

Jzintv has a -Vfilename switch that saves intellivoice phrases to wav files.

The problem is, we would need an international Intellivoice too.

Edited by Intymike

Only need the international intellivoice rom dump to emulate. Without it you won't get any alien numbers, similar to the DS version. Maybe you'd get english numbers but everything else should work.

It appears to be more complicated than that. I sent the French, German and Italian rom files to Joe Z a couple of months ago, and I don't think he got very far (at least so far). I am surprised myself that it doesn't succeed in talking a little bit, but it appears there is more to it than that.

I think we might have the original recordings of some of this some where. It is possible they might be on tapes that the museum took, or we might still have them around. They have not been a priority so far.

• Like 3

There's a good chance that we'll eventually get a detailed explanation. As usual there's no urgency for these things. The speech chip has some embedded rom that has both program code and speech data. I could be wrong, but I would think the international intellivoice has the exact same chip so it's compatible with english cartridges. And the french/german/italian data would be on an external rom chip or two.

The Intellivision Rocks CD does have three or four phrases from each language of Space Spartans but not everything.

Check out:

It has all the phrases from every game.

Those are all the things the games say, but not the way the phrases are stored in the cartridge. In B-17 Bomber, for example, there is only one "o'clock" in the ROM. The code would say either Bandits or Fighters, then one of the clock directions (3/6/9/12) and then o'Clock. Three separate phrases. Same for Checkpoint/target Close/In Sight. We were always tight on space and would reuse words whenever possible.

For other folks, the audio doesn't work in Firefox but does work in Chrome.

Also does not work in Safari

• Like 2

Those are all the things the games say, but not the way the phrases are stored in the cartridge. In B-17 Bomber, for example, there is only one "o'clock" in the ROM. The code would say either Bandits or Fighters, then one of the clock directions (3/6/9/12) and then o'Clock. Three separate phrases. Same for Checkpoint/target Close/In Sight. We were always tight on space and would reuse words whenever possible.

Also does not work in Safari

I am using Safari and it works fine. I also tried with Firefox on my Mac and it asked me if I wanted to allow access to the QuickTime plug-in. After that, it worked as well.

-dZ.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I found a box of audio cassettes in the office today, and found tapes which claim to have French and German Space Spartans and ResRom (and French Bomb Squad and Tron). Now I just have to figure out the best way to get the tapes digitized. I think I have a tape deck still, but not sure I know how to get it to the computer from that.

• Like 5

Well, I found a box of audio cassettes in the office today, and found tapes which claim to have French and German Space Spartans and ResRom (and French Bomb Squad and Tron). Now I just have to figure out the best way to get the tapes digitized. I think I have a tape deck still, but not sure I know how to get it to the computer from that.

Get Paul to do it. :)

• Like 3

If you are using Windows you can download Audacity for free. Just plug the cassette out to the mic in on your computer. Audacity will allow you to save the file as a WAV instead of MP3. A WAV is easier for the Intv to 'hear' when inputing the sounds

I'll second this (Audacity to create a WAV file). The only tweak is that it is better to use Line In vs Mic In since Line In will likely match Line Out on a cassette deck. Note that some computers can auto-detect what is plugged in.

I seem to remember B17 Bomber also says:

"That was not a target" (if you bomb England)

"That was close"

"Good shot"

"Check target it's close" - edit: after looking at "beeslife", I think the one I remember is "Check point close"

Those are all true. I kind of remember "check target is close," but could be just "Check point close."

I'll just have to play it again to find out. Darn. The things I do for this community. :grin:

-dZ.

Those are all true. I kind of remember "check target is close," but could be just "Check point close."

I'll just have to play it again to find out. Darn. The things I do for this community. :grin:

-dZ.

As per the handy translation table provided in the Italian manual, it seems to be "Checkpoint coming" and "Checkpoint in sight"; and "Target coming" and "Target in sight." It seems the only one with "close" in it is "That was close" -- at least according to that list in the manual.

-dZ.

I’ll text you about this, Steve. I have a high end cassette deck already wired into my studio recording setup. Happy to digitize these for you.

And... Audacity sucks!

;-p

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/5/2018 at 4:35 PM, First Spear said:

Hey all. Does a definitive list of all Intellivoice phrases from the original Mattel games exist? I have the below from memory, but not sure what's missing.

B17 Bomber

Old thread but I just decoded all the voiced from 4 games so far... two to go. As they are stored in the ROM, hare are all the phrased (except the title screen) for B-17

WATCH
 FLAK
 GOOD SHOT
 FOR
 GOT
 EM
 LOOK
 OUT
 MAYDAY
 CHECK POINT
 IN SIGHT
 TARGET
 BOMBS AWAY
 ON
 THAT WAS
 CLOSE
 NOT A
 UH OH
 BANDITS
 FIGHTERS
 THREE
 SIX
 NINE
 TWELVE
 O'CLOCK

On 11/5/2018 at 4:35 PM, First Spear said:

Tron Solar Sailer

• Track
  • Get Off
  • One ..... Nine
  • Energy
  • Low
  • High

As stored in the cart for Solar Sailor

TRACK
SECTOR
ZERO
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
WE'VE BEEN HIT
OVERRIDE CODE
ONE
ZERO
YES
NO
ENERGY
HIGH
MEDIUM
LOW
GET OFF
YOU WILL REGRET THIS
I CAN'T ALLOW THIS
END OF LINE

On 11/9/2018 at 12:47 AM, BSRSteve said:

It appears to be more complicated than that. I sent the French, German and Italian rom files to Joe Z a couple of months ago, and I don't think he got very far (at least so far). I am surprised myself that it doesn't succeed in talking a little bit, but it appears there is more to it than that.

BSRSteve, I have been successful in understanding the original games and how they use voice. Would you share the French, German, and Italian ROMs with me to see if I can pull the voices out?