IGNORED

Atari 5200 Composite Mod kit

bszarek001

@teknohed, Okay... that is odd then. I have installed a lot of UAVs into 5200s and actually demonstrate them operating on my Extron 7sc. I use both the composite and s-video to show both working so I've not seen that before.

But if you are getting only black and white, it means that the chroma or color signal isn't making it. It could be the color input wire is loose on the UAV side? 

Do you have s-video on it that you can test or was only composite output added?

2 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

@teknohed, Okay... that is odd then. I have installed a lot of UAVs into 5200s and actually demonstrate them operating on my Extron 7sc. I use both the composite and s-video to show both working so I've not seen that before.

But if you are getting only black and white, it means that the chroma or color signal isn't making it. It could be the color input wire is loose on the UAV side? 

Do you have s-video on it that you can test or was only composite output added?

It was only a composite install. I have a GCopmpSW on pre order, so I am likely going to take the extron out of the chain anyway, whenever that shows up. It was just such odd behavior I was wondering if anyone had seen something similar to it. 

39 minutes ago, teknohed said:

It was only a composite install. I have a GCopmpSW on pre order, so I am likely going to take the extron out of the chain anyway, whenever that shows up. It was just such odd behavior I was wondering if anyone had seen something similar to it. 

No I haven't and I've used many 5200s through composite output through my Extron many times without that issue. The ONLY time I've seen something like this is if the color wire has come loose during the installation, or in the case of s-video, if the chroma wire at the s-video jack comes loose or the ground isn't in place secure enough. If you feel up to it, you might try taking the top cover off the 5200 and take some pics to see if myself or anyone else here notices something off?