IGNORED

PAC-MAN CHRISTMAS 2018

Baby Blue Azure

I know, I know, it's too early to start the Christmas rush. Or is it? Come Thanksgiving "Little Johnny" will be bored but we have some new games to play with before Christmas. You'll see he'll be playing these.

This is yet another PAC-MAN entry which Michael Ferrell posted on uTube last Christmas. I made a few changes, including adding another maze so the game play wouldn't be so redundant. There was a dot problem on the Pac-man 2006 (as opposed to Bob's Pac-man 2005) that can't process dots on the outer edges of the center line so I cleared those 2 dots. And added a Dot Counter and Fruit Countdown and Rack Counter for those invincible games that will never end. Fun games in my opinion.

If you see snow on your screen, it's real. No adjustment on your TV is necessary!

PAC-MAN CHRISTMAS 2018, title screen:

post-65655-0-89469900-1542092280_thumb.jpg

PAC-MAN CHRISTMAS 2018, INV Rack 7 gameplay:

post-65655-0-33240400-1542092311_thumb.jpg

PAC-MAN CHRISTMAS 2018, INV Gingerman 5000 bonus:

post-65655-0-12650400-1542092405_thumb.jpg

PAC-MAN CHRISTMAS 2018, NTSC, non-invincible (normal game):

PACMAN_XMAS2018_C3A5.bin

Pacman_Xmas2018_32K.a78

PAC-MAN CHRISTMAS 2018, NTSC, invincible:

PACMAN_XMAS2018_INV_A3F8.bin

Pacman_Xmas2018_INV_32K.a78

I'm almost done re-building older PAC-MAN games. Hurrah! I have just 3 more but only 1 can be released at this juncture. I need permission from PMP on one and the other I know we're nowhere near ready for yet.

ENJOY your holidays! /BBA

• Like 11

Never too early to get into the Christmas Spirit... Nice work! :-)

I know, I know, it's too early to start the Christmas rush. Or is it? Come Thanksgiving "Little Johnny" will be bored but we have some new games to play with before Christmas. You'll see he'll be playing these.

This is yet another PAC-MAN entry which Michael Ferrell posted on uTube last Christmas. I made a few changes, including adding another maze so the game play wouldn't be so redundant. There was a dot problem on the Pac-man 2006 (as opposed to Bob's Pac-man 2005) that can't process dots on the outer edges of the center line so I cleared those 2 dots. And added a Dot Counter and Fruit Countdown and Rack Counter for those invincible games that will never end. Fun games in my opinion.

If you see snow on your screen, it's real. No adjustment on your TV is necessary!

PAC-MAN CHRISTMAS 2018, title screen:

attachicon.gifPACMAN_XMAS2018_titlescreen.jpg

PAC-MAN CHRISTMAS 2018, INV Rack 7 gameplay:

attachicon.gifPACMAN_XMAS2018_INV_rack7.jpg

PAC-MAN CHRISTMAS 2018, INV Gingerman 5000 bonus:

attachicon.gifPACMAN_XMAS2018_gingerman5000.jpg

PAC-MAN CHRISTMAS 2018, NTSC, non-invincible (normal game):

attachicon.gifPACMAN_XMAS2018_C3A5.bin

attachicon.gifPacman_Xmas2018_32K.a78

PAC-MAN CHRISTMAS 2018, NTSC, invincible:

attachicon.gifPACMAN_XMAS2018_INV_A3F8.bin

attachicon.gifPacman_Xmas2018_INV_32K.a78

I'm almost done re-building older PAC-MAN games. Hurrah! I have just 3 more but only 1 can be released at this juncture. I need permission from PMP on one and the other I know we're nowhere near ready for yet.

ENJOY your holidays! /BBA

• Like 1

Thanks TrekMD. Sorry for the error - good to know ppl are playing it already. The fix is here - Revision 'A'. That's the way we do it on the 7800 games. Find the error and fix it right away. These are the corrected non-invincible files:

PACMAN_XMAS2018a_C5B0.bin

Pacman_Xmas2018a_32K.a78

Thanks again, BBA

• Like 2

What a beautiful and symbolic game for the Christmas season. While we are all running around like we are in a maze, we collect symbols and status, yet eventually we are all swallowed by the spirit world. Those spirits when they are born in the stable of our world, appear solid, yet travel across the veil, from life to death, to life again. I suppose in some way we must do this as well. This game looks like the perfect game for family fun around the fire.

Edited by scrummy
  • Like 2

Thanks TrekMD. Sorry for the error - good to know ppl are playing it already. The fix is here - Revision 'A'. That's the way we do it on the 7800 games. Find the error and fix it right away. These are the corrected non-invincible files:

attachicon.gifPACMAN_XMAS2018a_C5B0.bin

attachicon.gifPacman_Xmas2018a_32K.a78

Thanks again, BBA

Thank you!

attachicon.gifPACMAN_XMAS2018a_C5B0.bin

attachicon.gifPacman_Xmas2018a_32K.a78

Thanks again, BBA

This is great! Thank you. :thumbsup:

Looks Awesome. Unrelated, but I saw that bit at the end where Bendy was available for physical Switch and immediately ordered a copy. :lust:

Yeah, My wife wasn't happy with me, but I promised the boy a game if he ate his vegetables. He has a nasty habit of acting like a cat with a hairball. Now that we have established that he CAN eat his veggies without the play acting, we can finally eat in peace. Worth a copy of Bendy to me. :)

Truthfully, I had already ordered it anyway, but he doesn't know that.

Ours shipped out yesterday. btw.

Edited by gorfcadet
  • Like 1

He has a nasty habit of acting like a cat with a hairball.

It's called a gag reflex. If he genuinely has a gag reflex reaction to certain textures or tastes, it can be cruel and unusual punishment. If he's just clowning, that's different though.

Ramble on...

I had a bad reflex as a kid (and still do with certain foods) and was forced to eat nasty foods at a boarding school I attended. One time I distinctly remember being forced to eat potato salad. I puked into my mouth and swallowed it (in hindsight, I wished I could have barfed all over the table. They'd of thought twice before making me eat it again). Cole slaw, potato salad, beans, nuts, were my primary triggers. Also any kind of meat minced up with mayonnaise for some reason (ie tuna salad), though mayo on a sandwich doesn't bother me (I don't really like mayo anyway but it doesn't excite my reflex). Also most raw veggies which are part of any stem or root, though fruit and leaves I can handle. Root veggies absolutely have to be cooked. Raw onions are the worst, but I can eat them sauteed or fried.

Growing up, a few foods that used to incite gag reflex don't anymore. I can enjoy raw lettuce since I was a teen, a few beans in a dish as long as they aren't overdone. Guacamole used to make me gag when I was little, now it doesn't. I have also developed a taste for sliced avocado in recent years, something I wouldn't have fathomed eating when I was young.

Thanks again GC. My family is having fun watching your video review. The intermission request will be looked at some day. I also want to have a 16-maze Christmas game. Maybe we'll do that for next year. I just located a template for 16-maze Pac-man on yet another game I can post any day now. And viewing the game play posted by the OyamaFamily I see we have the difficulty just about right (for my speed). The 'Fruit' Energizer feature optimizes this game. More than a quarter million points! Good job from our friends over in Brazil. /BBA

• Like 1

Thanks again GC. My family is having fun watching your video review. The intermission request will be looked at some day. I also want to have a 16-maze Christmas game. Maybe we'll do that for next year. I just located a template for 16-maze Pac-man on yet another game I can post any day now. And viewing the game play posted by the OyamaFamily I see we have the difficulty just about right (for my speed). The 'Fruit' Energizer feature optimizes this game. More than a quarter million points! Good job from our friends over in Brazil. /BBA

I like the pace and difficulty for this one very much. Thank you for putting it out there. Maybe a speed up button feature during energizer time like Super Pac Man?

Thank you again, I've had a lot of fun with this one over the last week.

Oh goodie, this could be the Hack-of-a-Hack-of-the-Year-2018. I've never won that award! A speed-up button during BLUEAZURETIME. You're so funny and bang on. You really must be a TOYADDICTEDDAD. You know I used to make demo videos like you do now. I can't believe how well you do it and so quickly. When you're recording the kiddies are so hush quiet. How do you do that? Must be at 3am. :sleep: /BBA

Oh goodie, this could be the Hack-of-a-Hack-of-the-Year-2018. I've never won that award! A speed-up button during BLUEAZURETIME. You're so funny and bang on. You really must be a TOYADDICTEDDAD. You know I used to make demo videos like you do now. I can't believe how well you do it and so quickly. When you're recording the kiddies are so hush quiet. How do you do that? Must be at 3am. :sleep: /BBA

No. They are noisy as it gets! I set my mic to cardiod so it only picks up directly in front of it and drop the gain way down. Even then, I do multiple takes because kids will be kids. :)

Thank you for the high praise. I really enjoy your hacks as well!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey GorfCadet, just noticed one of your questions I had missed seeing/responding to. You asked about what was the source of this genre of the Ferrell hack. The original Bob Pac-man 16K design had the Pac-man and ghosts running across the titlescreen and that was what I call Pac-man 2005 (checksum=C9F0). There was another 16K version in 2006, based on Bob's design, which I call Pac-man 2006 (checksum=675F) that had the ghosts splat on the titlescreen like you see on the current Pac-man Christmas 2018, which is now 32K to accommodate the expanding maze structure. Not sure who the source of the 2006 model was, maybe not Bob. And there probably many versions of these two and I may not even have the appropriate final copy of one or the other. There was another entrance called "Pacman Collection" in 2012 that Bob was involved with and has a Pokey implementation. Could be a good candidate for yet another whack and hack. I have no plans for that right now. But someone else might try. I just scanned uTube for Ferrell's latest works and he had a few in 2018, so it's good to see he's still active on the 7800 this year.

Sorry for the delay in responding to this question. /BBA

• Like 1

Truthfully, I had already ordered it anyway, but he doesn't know that.

My brother had a racing game on his tablet that my 6 year old loved. He asked if I would buy it for him. I quietly asked my brother what it cost and he said "it's free." I said "sure you can have it, but it's real expensive, so only if you go to bed on time for two weeks."

What they don't know won't hurt them. :)

• Like 1