IGNORED

New Homebrew Cartridge Tray!

toymailman

Hi all, I've created a new cartridge tray that lets you access the game and manual without having to remove the tray from the box. For me, it is much easier to extract and insert both the cartridge and manual with this new design. Pictures below.

Old / New

post-10944-0-44645800-1542388622_thumb.jpgpost-10944-0-79046900-1542388633_thumb.jpg

The tray looks like this before folding.

post-10944-0-72911300-1542388624_thumb.jpg

This is what it looks like after folding.

post-10944-0-99703400-1542388626_thumb.jpg

Here is how it looks in the box. Easy to access the cart and manual!

post-10944-0-23430800-1542388629_thumb.jpg

This is designed to fit the standard size homebrew boxes for Atari 2600 and 7800 (and carts of course), but will also fit anything of similar dimensions.

I am selling these so all can enjoy this convenience! :-D

Prices (not including shipping) are below.

1 - $0.85

50 = $40.00

100 = $75.00

Just send me a PM if you would like some.

I still need to get the inventory in hand, but wanted to gauge the interest to see how many I should get first. I'll probably give this a couple weeks and then get my inventory up and send out orders beginning of December.

Thanks!

Edited by toymailman
  • Like 8

Back in the day, most Atari-cartridge manufacturing companies produced trays, like that shown above, that held the cart in the top half of the box. There are numerous boxes in my collection that have "caved-in" hollow bottom halves due to the usual handling by distributors, retailers, and end-users.

The purpose of the box-centered design that Albert uses is meant to protect the structure of the BOX as well as the cart. This is not a critique of toymailman's design, just an explanation for why AtariAge uses it. The cost-per-box for a hobbyist/homebrewer is much greater than what mass-producers paid for the same thing in the '70's and '80's. It is clear that Albert wants to produce quality, professional-looking game packaging that stands the test of time. Works for me.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I received my shipment yesterday. - These are amazing. The perfect solution for homebrews. It holds the cart perfectly like regular retail boxes and it also helps reinforce and keep the box's shape.

I jumped in with both feet and ordered enough for all of my homebrews plus the new ones coming hopefully before Christmas.

They were packaged and shipped very well and arrived in perfect condition.

Count me as a very satisfied customer.

Nice work Toymailman.

• Like 2

I received my shipment yesterday. - These are amazing. The perfect solution for homebrews. It holds the cart perfectly like regular retail boxes and it also helps reinforce and keep the box's shape.

I jumped in with both feet and ordered enough for all of my homebrews plus the new ones coming hopefully before Christmas.

They were packaged and shipped very well and arrived in perfect condition.

Count me as a very satisfied customer.

Nice work Toymailman.

You just sold me on these.

PM sent!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This

I could not agree more! These are a perfect fit and solution. If you've been thinking about buying this product, buy with confidence. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yeah I'd be interested in getting some of these for the CGE releases I got back in 2002 that are literally carts flopping around in a box. Wonder if they could be made to work in Intellivision as well? My Diner and Thunder Castle could use something like this.

• Like 1

Yeah I'd be interested in getting some of these for the CGE releases I got back in 2002 that are literally carts flopping around in a box. Wonder if they could be made to work in Intellivision as well? My Diner and Thunder Castle could use something like this.

I hear ya...Some of the later-released Activision games just flop around in a box, too. Double Dragon for 2600 rings a bell. Still waiting to hear back on my PM but I have to remind myself that not everyone is on the forums every day hahaha