IGNORED

ftp.pigwa.net needs your help

ZuluGula

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 4:06 AM, azbest said:

Hi. No problem. Please contact me in few days. I'm ill at the moment.

Me too - I have a gigabit fiber connection, and a 64TB server with plenty of space on it yet :) 

Happy to trickle it in, if that helps your bandwidth, and happy to set it up as {ftp,http}.us.pigwa.net if you want ?

[edit]

Ok, mirroring has begun, and it's slowly trickling in (bandwidth-limited on the fetching side, and with delays between fetches as well). I don't want to put any strain on the source :)

As things come in, this'll get more useful, but the site is now up at http://atari-archive.net/

Edited by Spaced Cowboy
Mirroring started
  • Like 4

I am on the internet archive , and being  alibrarian sounds good to me , a new project is right up my alley , do you have tools for cataloging everything and getting descriptions of what is there ????

I would be willing to do that... also mirror the site .... I will give you access to my site there is a lot there...

https://mega.nz/#F!oc8VgAqT!kPgl_GUF-3z4ze9rJL6W8Q

9 hours ago, jfalcon said:

Mirrors make the most sense out of any archive anymore.

As long as they are automatic mirrors, otherwise they are just out of date copies of an ftp site. 

@rcamp48 Mega is not a good place to archive your data, Kim Dotcom has already lost one file sharing site and the users lost all their data when he did. His prosecution is still ongoing and Mega is likely to disappear. Use it for sharing data with others but don't trust it, make sure you have a copy somewhere else too. 

30 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

As long as they are automatic mirrors, otherwise they are just out of date copies of an ftp site. 

@rcamp48 Mega is not a good place to archive your data, Kim Dotcom has already lost one file sharing site and the users lost all their data when he did. His prosecution is still ongoing and Mega is likely to disappear. Use it for sharing data with others but don't trust it, make sure you have a copy somewhere else too. 

OK where would you recommend a good site that is trustworthy ????? I need to back it up..... before i loose it all

Russ

I'd use "C:\" or some other local drive.

If you really need it all to be online, use somewhere that you pay for, if you want it to be around for as long as you keep paying, use a company you know the name of (Google, Microsoft, Apple, Dropbox etc.). If you value your privacy, don't store your files with companies that hand over data to people without a court order (Google, Microsoft, Apple, Dropbox etc.). 

I've looked through your files and it's almost entirely stuff that is publicly available from other sources mostly Archive.org or Pigwa. Consider only sharing the stuff that is actually yours or ripped by you and just keep links to the other places that already have the rest.

16 minutes ago, rcamp48 said:

before I loose it all

I wouldn't panic, the Megaupload case has been going on for 12 years now and they still haven't extradited Kim Dotcom to the USA to stand trial yet. Mega.nz is going to be there for a while yet, just don't expect it to last forever.

Hello all you guys. Unfortunately I'm still ill. Quite badly. Anyway - in short. All mirrors are welcome but please contact me (email) first. For obvious reasons rsync is recommended, not ftp/http copy (to have file synchronized not copied). Moreover ftp mirroring lacks of few additional data like symlinks, which are quite common in our archive.

So... my point is - please contact me via email. I'll answer as soon as my health get better.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi there,

Believe me or not, I've been ill since august… This week is the second one I feel good. Anyway - I'm back. Unfortunately (or not), due to (or thanks to) Silly Venture (http://sillyventure.eu) I'm afraid I won't be able to answer your replies and priv messages till next week.

Hope I'll meet you at Silly Venture!

Edited by azbest
http://sillyventure.eu link
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi folks. Yes, I know I've been away for a while... Unfortunately just at Christmas Eve I've felt bad again what ended up with celebrating New Year's Eve in my bed… It happened that I've been sick much more severe than all three doctors thougt. Anyway, starting from flu I ended on pneumonia with some pretty nasty side effects. 
But I am getting better and better. I am going to push all things and jobs forward. To all of who contacted me - please contact me once again with updated info. Time to do some Atari stuff...

PS. Despite it might looks strange, I've really been pretty sick - almost month in bed with ZERO vitality - just taking medicines, getting injections and sleeping..

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2020 at 3:14 AM, azbest said:

Hi folks. Yes, I know I've been away for a while... Unfortunately just at Christmas Eve I've felt bad again what ended up with celebrating New Year's Eve in my bed… It happened that I've been sick much more severe than all three doctors thougt. Anyway, starting from flu I ended on pneumonia with some pretty nasty side effects. 
But I am getting better and better. I am going to push all things and jobs forward. To all of who contacted me - please contact me once again with updated info. Time to do some Atari stuff...

PS. Despite it might looks strange, I've really been pretty sick - almost month in bed with ZERO vitality - just taking medicines, getting injections and sleeping..

This is a while later, but hope you're feeling better, with the pandemic going on, I would think it were that, but you were ill monthe before it was everywhere!  Take care.

Happy this is getting mirrored other places, recently went looking for some stuff and could only find it on pigwa.

• 1 year later...

Hello guys. It's hard to believe but I've been away for almost two years! Gosh, many thing happened in my life - good and bad, but - here I am! Back from the past :)

Anyway - I am glad to inform you, we finally upgraded ftp.pigwa.net internet connection. 
We posted short text on our patreon profile - in case you are not following it, here is the link https://www.patreon.com/posts/faster-harder-62149541 
Few things need to be changed and configured but we would like you to test it and we are waiting for your feedback.

If something works not as expected, too slow, there is no access, or you simply have some suggestion - please let us know. We are here for you.

For those, who proposed mirroring - please give us some time to finish current tasks, we will back to it as soon as possible.

Lastly, we would like to thank you all for your support, warm words, help, knowledge and friendship!

PS1. We are struggling with bots lately - both crawlers and uploaders. Sorry for the mess in upload directory and uploading problems. If you want to upload something big and heavy, let us know.
PS2. Here is funny fact. Did you know "pigwa" is polish word for latin cydonia oblonga, which is quince?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A relatively recent and still experimental protocol named IPFS has come about.  https://ipfs.io/  It seems especially well-suited for archival purposes and data that does not change very often.

As a little experiment, I dumped all of the files out of the fujiology_archive_v1_0.iso into IPFS.  They are now visible through the following link, at least for as long as I host them.

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmUc6my8cJNiF8AGjVjPtyu47iAu2ohT5oDUecUGGbYuir

Perhaps we could look at using this to mirror other archives to reduce bandwidth use and network strain?

• Like 1

I have the case and a an original disk for Synfile + but it is the tutorial disk and not the program disk, still is it usable , I know it works as I have booted from it on my 130 XE and 1050 disk drive , Its probably not even copy protected but I don't know for sure, if anyone wants it let me know, its the original binder pics are coming. Russ