IGNORED

ftp.pigwa.net needs your help

ZuluGula

Hello guys,

Accept my apologies for delay. For last several weeks things got more and more strange for me and my fellow citizens. Covid caused real damage in our lives, including mine - as I mentioned earlier. It seemed things are turning better but then, suddenly out of nowhere (or as it found out - of hell) this little bastard came out!

Putler made I am deeply afraid of my future and of the world in general. I am from Poland. My grandparents survived WWII, they told me frightening stories. My country was suffering yet many years after the war - communism is not funny thing at all. I was raised when Poland was still under USSR influence.

What is hapening now is unbelievable! People in Ukraine are dying, their homes, cities are being destroyed, their culture is turning into ashes (museums, art, theaters, universities etc).
I can't imagine what they suffer, what do they feel. It is ordinary european country. That day they planned to go to work, bring kids to school, go to the cinema. Live that day like many days before. 

Gee.. I can't find words... I just wanna scream. This dickhead warns us with nuclear weapon now. It's sick. I live ca 100km (60 miles) from highly militarized russian area with nuclear missiles. My family lives 280km (180 miles) from nearest attacked cities in Ukraine (russian ISKANDER missile capable of carrying nuclear weapon can reach that distance without any troubles).
The bomb cities with weaponry banned in many countries and convention (Convention on Cluster Munitions and Geneva Convention -  thermobaric weapon)
What the fuck is going on - it's 21st century in Europe! Less than 80 years after WWII!

Let the people of good will do something. I have kids, family. I don't want anyone to suffer WWIII. What is happening?!

Stay safe. Support Ukrainians. Stop this madness.

PS. I guess many of you might be unaware - bad things started weeks and monts before the UA-RU war started. Russia had some military 'excersisies' with Belarus since the end of 2021. We were suspicios and stressed. Unfortunately we were right...

PS2. I am aware it is not atari-related post but I needed to share my opinion and concerns. 

Edited by azbest
  • Like 2
  • Sad 7

I am glad that some of Europe is stepping up and embarrassed by the choices of our leaders shortly before and during this. All I can say is that some help is coming. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but no matter what you will have a place to be, and if it came to it... such things would be avenged and your land returned to you.

It is Atari conversation when prolific Atarians and such Atari centric places are under attack and have real life changing events in their faces. You have nothing to apologize for.

This didn't need to happen and shouldn't have just like Crimea should not have happened... the difference is the rest of the world is waking up and taking this seriously. Your family line will continue of that I am sure. Maybe some ability to send further from border?

I may be old, but if they stuck me on a plane and armed me, I certainly would fight for my friends and their families in this conflict. I am older person and people could easily handle whatever the result of that would be.

Bless you and your people, you have friends who have your back. Doing whatever we can until better people can intervene is all that can be done. Making your voice heard.

Edited by _The Doctor__

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for your messages and warm words.

Please forgive me my delay.

I had to change some things in my life, including job and way I do things for living.

I assure you pigwa is doing fine (so far) and I'll do anything to maintain it or change only for better.

Thank you all pigwa's patreons, all things are spinning with your help and support.

• Like 5