IGNORED

CLOBBERMAN - new game

Baby Blue Azure

HEY FANS! RACK 'EM AND STACK 'EM, THE 7800 FLOOD GATES ARE OPENING!

So here it is - the long-awaited top secret *******MAN game. Did you guess what it would be? The other guys have SONIC and now we have CLOBBER and his opening-day original game CLOBBERMAN™ - only on the Atari 7800. This could kick off a whole new franchise of games including CLOBTRON, CLOBBY BIRD, and QcLOBBER, to name a few. I can’t wait to do those. The Atariage CLOBBER blogger has gracefully accepted this brand new concept. He says this game is a lot of fun. I just needed to tweak Clobber’s color a bit, and make a couple of other minor changes, and now we have a game.

The florescent little green guy can’t wait for you to bring him to life in these new games. So what are the new features in this game? Surely we must be running out of ideas by now. (But, no!). Recently we learned that all Pac-man Programmers are left-handed which explains why everything is designed using the left-hand rule. The Pac-man always faces left at the start of the game. The ‘fruit’ indicators always start at the right and add towards the left. Everything is backwards to me, a right-handed person. In a test, I face the Pac-man to the right and start the game. Oops, the Pac-man runs out of control to the right. The algorithm doesn’t expect the Pac-man to start off in any direction other than left. So scrap that idea, although of course [some day] the algorithm can be altered to work the ‘right’ way. In CLOBBERMAN™ the ‘fruit’ indicators can start from the left and add to the right so that’s been added. And the spare life indicator faces to the right in this game as well. Perfect! By the way, I’m just mentioning my ‘funny’ personal preferences here. I’m not criticizing the games that Bob and Kurt W. produce. I always support their work 100% and even if they temporarily misinterpret what I’m saying, I’m always supporting them.

There’s a new feature now, starting with PACMUNCH_JR and this game to have subsequent bonus lives added. In PACMUNCH_JR it happens blindly. In CLOBBERMAN™ on the upper right of the screen is ‘NBCnnnn’ which stands for Next Bonus Countdown. In the normal non-invincible game this counter will count down from 0999 to zero when a new spare life is added at each 10,000 points. In the invincible game it will count down from 4999 to zero when a new spare life is added every 50,000 points. In case anyone wants to know where the 10000 point life bonus is set, it’s the bytes at addresses $D050 (MSB=09) and $D051 (LSB=99). The normal game commences with 4 spare lives and the invincible game starts with 0 spare lives (who needs them?). The maximum amount of spare lives is set to 9 lives; the number above Clobberman’s head on the lower left is the current number of spare lives.

Will you have this game under your Christmas tree this year? You may be CLOBBER'd if you don't! Or will this be yet another lump of coal in your stocking? We’ll soon see. And at 3am will GORFCADET be memorizing '150, 250, 300, 450, 500, 650, 700, 850, 900, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000 and last but not least 10000...' for his next video? For sure all kids will be giggling when they see Mr. Clobberman in action. When he travels down the maze, he inverts! Wait until the real Pac-man sees this! He’ll want to do the same trick!

Happy holidays y’all,

BBAAKABA

PHOTOS:

CLOBBERMAN INVINCIBLE TITLESCREEN:

post-65655-0-87743200-1544476387_thumb.jpg

CLOBBERMAN INV RACK 11:

post-65655-0-54456600-1544476401_thumb.jpg

CLOBBERMAN INV FRUIT COUNTDOWN:

post-65655-0-11722700-1544476415_thumb.jpg

CLOBBERMAN INVERTED:

post-65655-0-93168700-1544476426_thumb.jpg

CLOBBERMAN 10000 BONUS:

post-65655-0-53419900-1544476440_thumb.jpg

CLOBBERMAN NORMAL NON-INVINCIBLE VERSION

CLOBBERMAN NTSC BIN (TESTED GOOD ON HARDWARE):

CLOBBERMAN_98b1.bin

CLOBBERMAN NTSC A78:

Clobberman_32K.a78

CLOBBERMAN INVINCIBLE VERSION

CLOBBERMAN NTSC INV BIN (TESTED GOOD ON HARDWARE):

CLOBBERMAN_INV_1FBA.bin

CLOBBERMAN NTSC INV BA78:

Clobberman_INV_32K.a78

• Like 4

Due to popular demand (1 person), I have a new version NUM_MUNCH game. It has an intermission at the beginning of the game on both INV and non-INV versions.

PHOTOS:

NUM_MUNCH TITLESCREEN:

post-65655-0-04546300-1544733056_thumb.jpg

JENNY (1981) NUMBERS ANIMATION (SHE'S MOVED AWAY FROM SARATOGA SO THE # DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE):

post-65655-0-76117300-1544733367_thumb.jpg

NUM_MUNCH NTSC NORMAL (non-INV) BIN:

NUM_MUNCH_F599.bin

NUM_MUNCH NTSC NORMAL (non-INV) }A78:

Num_Munch_32K.a78

NUM_MUNCH NTSC INVINCIBLE BIN:

NUM_MUNCH_INV_0214.bin

NUM_MUNCH NTSC INVINCIBLE A78:
Num_Munch_INV_32K.a78

Enjoy!

/BBA