IGNORED

Altirra on macOS (Update Thread)

Ripdubski

Just tried it myself:

With "Ask for Finder Items" and "Run Shell Script" with shell as /bin/bash and "Pass input as: arguments", use this shell script:

/<path-to-wine64>/wine64 /<path-to-Altirra64>/Altirra64.exe /singleinstance /run "$@"

Then save this as a Program and name it for example "Run Altirra".

Then right-click on a XEX file and select "Open with..." and select "Others..." and navigate to "Run Altirra" and check the box at "Always open with this program" (or something like that, I have a German MacOS version).

Now you can just double-click any XEX file and it will run with Altirra. Neat :).

The only problem I still have here is that any subsequent file that I click on once Alitrra is open won't start. I have to close Altirra in order for a new program to start. It seems that only one instance of each Automator-generated App can run at the same time because once I close Alitrra, the other XEX files I have clicked are somehow in a queue, because Altirra opens up immediately again after closing with the next XEX file I had clicked. Not sure if this can be dealt with somehow, but it's not that big of a deal, I guess...

• 7 months later...