IGNORED

Atari Flashback 9 Gold Joystick Bluetooth pairing

Not my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd3GD2NO3dI

I searched the forums and couldn't find anything. I must be getting senile in my old age - I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to pair the joysticks to the FB9 Gold via Bluetooth until I found the video. The Bluetooth pairing insert in the package was barely readable and confusing.

(Off-topic) At least they included an HDMI cable in the box.

Edit: Apologies to Bill Loguidice for the negative comment regarding AtGames. It was not meant to offend (admittedly it was not in good taste) but to comment on how the clarity of the instructions could have been improved. I have removed the offending remark.

Edited by atwwong

Start with the console OFF.

Hold down the FIRE button and the also hold joystick UP, while turning on the joystick. Wait a few seconds and the joystick light should come on and start flashing.

Now, turn the console power ON.

(I am not sure if you can get both joysticks to link at the same time – set them both to pairing mode – then turn the console on to find them, or if you have to do them individually as I did.)

• 8 months later...
On 12/28/2018 at 3:48 AM, boggis the cat said:

Start with the console OFF.

Hold down the FIRE button and the also hold joystick UP, while turning on the joystick. Wait a few seconds and the joystick light should come on and start flashing.

Now, turn the console power ON.

(I am not sure if you can get both joysticks to link at the same time – set them both to pairing mode – then turn the console on to find them, or if you have to do them individually as I did.)

I can’t pair the second P1 control. Any thoughts ?

On 9/9/2019 at 10:55 AM, Mcf said:

I can’t pair the second P1 control. Any thoughts ?

Take out the batteries to reset the joystick if you can’t connect it.  Some joysticks seem to have trouble, probably locked to certain frequencies.  I bought a second FB9 for my sister and ended up giving her my P1 joystick because the one that came with hers was unusable on her console (but works reasonably well with mine).

These are cut down to reach a price point, so aren’t up to the standard of ‘real’ Bluetooth joysticks.