IGNORED

Most underrated arcade games

thetick1

On 2/17/2022 at 11:31 AM, wongojack said:

I'm replying to an old post, but that's what these forums are for right?  I consider myself above average when it comes to knowledge of video pinball games, and yet, I have never heard ANYONE ever mention this one.  I've also never seen it among the many shows and arcades I've visited.

I am making a MAME appointment to check this out right now.

There's also a Super Pinball Action.

EDIT: I should have kept reading, you found this out already.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/31/2018 at 4:42 PM, racerx said:

Shuuz was conversion only but yes, I've played one. Also had one pop up locally on craigslist a couple years back.

I never knew Atari Games made a cornhole-type game! We are LONG overdue for an Atari 50 style treatment of whatever we're calling the Midway Arcade Classics. 

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9536

358584302_1015689323211214_527973793455111059_n.thumb.png.6bfea695be9141201cec7268dd900e39.png

• Like 3

Phoenix!  Right up there with GORF for me.  Two of the 20 MAME ROMs I DL-d yesterday.  

CliffHanger (Laser disk game 1983), never finished it. :( 

Kickman: Used to burn my fingers using the trackball. LOL 

Track and Field: Trackball Edition.  The hurdles you liteally had to press the jump button continuously so you wouldn't fall he was running so fast.  

• Like 2

On 7/10/2023 at 9:17 AM, Flojomojo said:

I never knew Atari Games made a cornhole-type game! We are LONG overdue for an Atari 50 style treatment of whatever we're calling the Midway Arcade Classics. 

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9536

358584302_1015689323211214_527973793455111059_n.thumb.png.6bfea695be9141201cec7268dd900e39.png

Shuuz is great.  Discovered this game 12 years ago when I built my MAME cabinet and to this day my buddy and I fire it up all the time.  We've played hundreds of matches.  

"It's time for the beer round."

"Am I hot or what?" 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

As sequels go, I love Blasteroids. 

Is Xenophobe underrated? Love it -- if only someone would hack it to play full screen instead of that tiny upper third. (Lynx is full screen, I think, but not the same) 

Pac & Pal feels like the truest Pac Man follow-up to me, similar but new enough to be different. 

Krull?

Pitfall II for arcade is cool too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 3:14 AM, x=usr(1536) said:
  1. Cloak & Dagger

Cloak & Dagger is great. Loved the movie too as a kid.

When I lived in San Antonio for a few years, I made it a point to visit all the sites where they filmed the movie... like the boat rides on Riverwalk, the Sunken Gardens, etc...

• Like 3