IGNORED

NES High Score Club Round 4 - Bump 'n' Jump

asponge

Ok I'm fed up with this, time to move on.

I keep crashing 01 cars in the 1st level!

Also I lose the ability to jump sometimes, don't know what's going on.

Again the score disappeared before I could get my camera ready. But, I did find out you can hit reset and you score comes on the screen!

The upper right of the screen shows how much "P" (this stands for "power") that you have left. It runs down like a timer throughout the level and you need to to grab the barrels of "P" in order to replenish. You can no longer jump once your "P" reaches zero.

A repair icon that looks like a spark plug appears when your "P" falls below 10. It shows up in a random location so sometimes you can run into it and sometimes you can't. Mash the A button as fast as you can while your car is being repaired to boost your "P." If you mash like crazy you can get over 20k from your remaining "P" at the end of the stage.

When playing for points I like to have at least 80k when I start stage two. 50k bonus for not crashing any cars, hopping on the "islands" for 5k each, and boosting my "P" with the repair icon. It's possible to beat the first stage with over 100k. I've done it. But that is extremely difficult.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...