IGNORED

Sega Flashback 2019 - Custom Firmware available?

I am late to this thread, I know, but I just picked up a 2018 Genesis flashback on eBay and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Dumbest thing I ever did was selling my original Genesis and my Master System, and this reminds me how much fun I had playing those great, old games.

One question to clear up some confusion. My machine already has a working SD card slot and loads game ROMs just fine. Is there any reason to update the firmware? Thank you.

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2019 at 8:53 PM, rmr_md said:

The Genesis Flashback HD 2018 was called Mega Drive Flashback 2019 in Europe, but it's essentially the same device.

About the Legends Flashback, there is only one device: https://www.atgames.us/products/legends-flashback

If you only want run Sega 8bit/16bit roms, a cartridge slot and wireless controllers are not mandatory, and you don't mind having some delay in the audio, go for the Legends Flashback. Walmart is selling it for $30, which is a great value for what's possible to do with the device. With the custom firmware you can load Master System, Game Gear, Genesis, NES and some arcade games (CPS1, CPS2, some Neo Geo games and MAME 2000).

I did not know Legends Flashback 50 Game could run CPS1 (sf2) CPS2 (ssf2turbo) or sfa2 or Mame2000 or 2003Plus